What a HUGE waste of time with AT&T!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iHavequestions, Sep 12, 2014.

1. iHavequestions, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

iHavequestions macrumors regular

Last night, I ordered my phone at a few minutes past midnight. I saw on my bank alerts they charged me at 12:10AM. However, my order status says Shipping Date: 10/31/14 - 11/11/14*

So already, a waste of time staying up. Problem 1.

Then I saw erroneous charges on my phone. The bank says I was charged 90.25. The confirmation says a one time charge of $142.50 and recurring monthly charge of 87.50. Really? $2100 in monthly charges over two years and add $142 on top?

Wasted time again. Problem 2 trying to figure this out with no rhyme or reason.

Called AT&T customer support. On hold for 45 minutes.
    They can't see any info right now and won't be able to for at least one day. They tell me after waiting forever.

Wasted time. Problem number 3.

Really? This is how phone purchasing works in 2014?

2. cymolia macrumors 6502a

shouldnt have done that

3. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Just wait it out like some of us and get it at Apple once they get enough inventory. I'm getting mine in November, the official unlocked.

5. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

This is why I always recommend everyone order through apple. About 10 taps on the app and I'm done. Sure, there may be errors and glitches with the servers getting hammered, but at least the process is smooth.

If you need to change things with your account or whatever, just take the phone to the store before you activate it, but at least you have the phone with no hassles.

6. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Always go through Apple. I was going to EIP my iPhone 6+ with Tmo but I figured it isn't worth it with all the carrier horror stories you read every year. Pay full price (obviously if you can) and not play the runaround game with the carriers.

7. ericses macrumors newbie

I had the exact same problem as iHavequestions. I am so frustrated right now. I preordered twenty minutes after 2 AM CST. I now have two charges on my Credit card from AT&T. One for $399.99 and another for 439.99, and an expected ship date between 10-31 - 11-11. I knew I shouldn't have ordered through AT&T, but I was getting so frustrated not being able to access the Apple website last night that I compromised. Now I am trying to figure out if I should cancel my order through AT&T and go through the Apple website. The Apple website still says 3-4 weeks at this time, which is a heck of a lot better than nearly 2 months.

8. Deasnutz macrumors 6502

9. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

"Always go through Apple". Too funny. Just like a gazillion tried to last night and failed for quite some time.I was through AT&T Premier with only a few taps also in under a minute at 255am.

----------

I understand your frustration but you got through 36 minutes after the 1st reported order went through and by then a buttload of folks were ahead of you. I was at 255am. I say cancel and go to an AT&T store or Radio Shack is taking orders-I got mine through them last year on Release Day but others weren't as fortunate.

10. ericses macrumors newbie

36 minutes after the first order went through shouldn't cause an almost two month delay. Especially when I can order right now on Apple and experience a 3-4 week delay. Fortunately my iPhone 5 is still in fine working order, so I'm just going to tough it out and wait. But I've learned my lesson about ordering anywhere other than Apple in the future.

11. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

I agree but you ordered the most popular model. Not trying to defend them by any stretch but I will never limit myself to one source when ordering.Last night was a perfect example. I had every intention of using Apple but after seeing their cluster (insert description) last night,I was through AT&T Premier in under a minute at 255am.

12. boslamr macrumors newbie

I went through apple and completed my order before 3:05AM. EST. took all of 3 min to do it. I did try apple first but that was totally down. In fact, just going to the page was causing google chrome to crash after the 3rd try.

When i completed the order it said 7-10 days. when I got my email confirmation 3 hours later, it said 21-28 days. Logged in this afternoon and see on order status, 10/31/14 - 11/11/14.

I feel like there weren't many 6 pluses to begin with. wonder how many, if any will show up on launch day?

13. traveller09 macrumors member

Just the opposite for me

I wanted to order thought Apple but it took a while for the site to come up, once it did I kept getting could not process my order. I went to AT&T had my order in less than 5 min with everything correct including my grandfathered unlimited data plan and a delivery date of the 19th. I turned out the light and was asleep by 1230. I wanted to use Apple instead, and it pains me to say this, but AT&T was a quicker better experience for me.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You must have dialed into a sex hotline instead as I got both of my iPhone 6 ordered and confirmed in less than 10 minutes with ATT. Both to be delivered on the 19th.

15. bueller1 macrumors 6502

AT&T is a clusterf*** when it comes to confirmations and status and charges. Just wait 3-4 days and when things calm down I'm sure they'll fix the errors. My confirmation email says $60 monthly payment when it should really be $37.45. Just relax. Stop canceling, stop changing things. breath

16. starbai macrumors member

starbai

All i'm saying is if I stayed up till 3AM and got through by 3:10 to still not receive this thing till NOVEMBER when the release date is 9/19 for ordering through Apple... someone from ATT's gonna lose their job by the time this whole thing is over (not because of me, but because I'm sure there will be no shortage of people who are crazy angry)

17. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Crazy Angry? Lol, this year will be no different than last year or the year before that with AT&T order wait times. No one will be losing their jobs this year either.