What a mess is iOS 8!

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by colonel179, Oct 21, 2014.

1. colonel179 macrumors member

I've been trying all day to enable SMS relay and it doesn't work! I've tried everything every single post has said and I still don't get the pop up with the code to activate it.

I signed out, signed in, choose iCloud email, restart phone, restart Mac, etc and still can't get the code!

Nothing works with Apple anymore! I hate that they just release unfinished and incomplete software. I can bet you one million dollars that they started offering OS X for free, because they knew their software is ****

2. dlbmacfan macrumors regular

It worked just fine on both of my computers. Sorry to hear you're having problems.

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Working flawlessly here.

"It's a poor workman who blames his tools."

4. Solver macrumors 6502a

Did you make sure you checked both the phone # and Email address to receive iMessages on both devices?
    It did not work for me until I also checked the iMessage phone # preference on my Mac.

5. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

This worked for me. I tried to get this feature working SO MANY times with 8.1 Beta2 with my iphone and ipad. I don't know if checking my email address would have made it work for the beta but it worked right away yesterday when someone suggested it on another thread after I upgraded to standard 8.1 release.

It would be nice if Apple gave clear instructions on how to use their features... :(

Oh and I'll add that I tried several times with 8.1 with only my phone number checked and it didn't work. So Apple should really state that you have to select the email address also or fix whatever issue if only the phone number really needs to be checked.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

You have 1 problem... How does nothing work?

7. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

8. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

9. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

Works fine here. Make sure you go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding on your iPhone and and toggle on the devices you want to use.

10. VMukhtarov macrumors regular

You need to disable and enable iMessage in the iPhone settings. It will work.

11. Solver macrumors 6502a

Apple is missing that important check here,
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6337

The default is that all addresses are checked. But, I had changed that a couple of months ago for some reason.

12. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Isn't a bit harsh to call iOS 8 a mess because you haven't been able to get 1 feature to work?

14. paulking macrumors member

I would lose that self-righteous snark of a tag.
    Sometimes the tools and the iOS leave a lot to be desired.