What a morning I had...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EMAGDNIM, Apr 10, 2008.

1. EMAGDNIM macrumors member

EMAGDNIM

Okay, so I just bought a new MBP on Saturday...Everything was going great until it wouldn't turn on. I did everything I could and it just wouldn't start (I had mentioned this in another thread).

So I decided that I'd exchange it on my way home from class (I had an exam). I figured I was out so I'd take care of this. I do the exchange and I come home excited to finally be able to fully enjoy my new laptop. So I open the box up and start her up...First thing in my head was...Great, it starts LOL:D Then when the screen turns on I couldn't believe it...

I had two stuck red pixels and one burn one. I should have taken pictures of it because it was something special. One red one was on the lower left side or the screen. The second was pretty much dead centre and the burnt out one was in the top right. And the cap it all off...the lower left side of the screen was yellow. As in I didn't have to do any type of testing because I could see it...

Now I'm pissed since I have to jump back into the car to get it exchanged again. When I was in the store, I had asked to open up the box before I leave. They opened it up before the exchange went down.

The one they had brought out was PERFECT! Thank god or I would have called it a day...

2. munson macrumors 6502

munson

Are you saying they gave you a new MBP with an already dysfunctional screen? That's just unfortunate. Let alone on a day in which you had an exam...

3. EMAGDNIM thread starter macrumors member

EMAGDNIM

Yeah, I went back to the store and got a replacement in a sealed box. I took it home and found a screen that was beyond messed up!

If I got a messed up MBP on my third try, I would have just asked for my money back and wait for a while...

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

So the next time, you turn it on at the store.