Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slffl

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
Yes the keyboard is great. I can type way faster on it than a thumbboard. I've also noticed, like in the first video, that most of the mistakes come from short two letter words.

Xtoo

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
Valencia, CA
Let me tell you, I have never before owned a smart phone; so my experience of typing on tiny keyboards is zero, and obviously the iPhone is more of a handheld computer than a phone.

I have had no problems with the virtual keyboard at all. Within the first 5 minutes, I was able to type as fast as a cheetah runs with both thumbs and almost no mistakes were made. I would say that the OS and me have a 97% accuracy.

The only issue I have found is when I type in a different language, the software wants to fix what I type in Spanish to the closest English word, but that is completely acceptable since I did not expect to have multiple languages with the iPhone.

The keyboard is indeed wonderful......

The new member

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Yes the keyboard is great. I can type way faster on it than a thumbboard. I've also noticed, like in the first video, that most of the mistakes come from short two letter words.

Yea, I noticed this too. By the way, those youtube's links must be posted everywhere to kick ass of professional detractors IMO ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.