Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbates123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
I love the new iPhone X but to be honest even my 6/7 were a bit too big for me. I have small hands and I much preferred the size of the 5/SE. I wish Apple would make a phone similar to the X in looks and functionality with a bezel-less screen the same size as the 6/7. How great would that be for people who prefer smaller phones? Then next year have 3 phones...the XSE, the X, and the X Plus (for people who want something even bigger), get rid of everything else.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I love the new iPhone X but to be honest even my 6/7 were a bit too big for me. I have small hands and I much preferred the size of the 5/SE. I wish Apple would make a phone similar to the X in looks and functionality with a bezel-less screen the same size as the 6/7. How great would that be for people who prefer smaller phones? Then next year have 3 phones...the XSE, the X, and the X Plus (for people who want something even bigger), get rid of everything else.

The large majority of iPhone owners likely don't prefer a Phone size similar to the SE. The SE form factor is primarily for those who don't want the latest features and capabilities at an entry-level price point. I don't believe Apple will be investing in the SE in terms of where the iPhone X is now.

If Apple updates the iPhone SE, it likely will retain a similar form factor with updated internals from the iPhone 7 and resolution.

Reactions: SHKLMRE and ABC5S

bbates123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
If that's the case that will be sad for me. I suspect there are a large number of people who want all the features in a smaller package. But yeah, I agree it doesn't match Apple's past strategy.

geta

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2010
The Moon
The large majority of iPhone owners likely don't prefer a Phone size similar to the SE. The SE form factor is primarily for those who don't want the latest features and capabilities at an entry-level price point. I don't believe Apple will be investing in the SE in terms of where the iPhone X is now.

If Apple updates the iPhone SE, it likely will retain a similar form factor with updated internals from the iPhone 7 and resolution.

Thats completely rubbish, many people would like to have and willing to pay for the latest features in SE size phone! The thing is, they dont provide this option (at least not now). If i would like to have the latest features i would have to compromise and carry phablet size phone...

Next spring most likely they'll upgrade the internals (cpu & cameras) while keeping the same ram (2GB), storage options (32\128GB) and shape.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.