What about Apple Care........

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eduardot, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Eduardot macrumors member

About a year ago, I bought a brand new MacBook ProRetina, Mid 2012, at our local apple reseller Jetstereo, here in Tegucigalpa Honduras, With the laptop I got also apple care, and they told me that anything that happened to it i get a total replacement, even in the event of a fractured screen. Four months after, i accidentally closed the screen on the apple earbuds i was using to listen to music so as not to upset my wife. Man when i looked at my broken screen i almost cried, had gotten so used to this wonderful machine.
    So i brought it back to see what the apple care would cover and to my amazement i got a totally new machine. When I asked the apple guy that y wanted to cover my new MBPR with apple care he said it is possible sir, but since you broke the first one, the cost for you will not be around $200, but you will have to pay $2000 for it. Man was i disillusioned and surprised. Naturally, i did not go for it, and just took the new laptop home very sad of the incredible bad customer service at Jetstereo Honduras. I don't know if that is the customer policy in the states, but it shure put me on the return base to windows some day when this MBPR dies out. Any comments.......!!!! Surely from Jetstereo i will not be buying anything again!!!!!!!:mad:

2. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

The coverage is always three years from the original laptops purchase date. Replacements are covered under the original laptops AppleCare, which can not be extended.

Whatever happened there between you and your reseller had nothing to do with AppleCare.

3. gothamm macrumors 6502a

wait, so apple decided to replace the laptop you broke, which isnt even covered by applecare, and you are complaining that applecare sucks?

4. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

Yes, am I missing something here? I thought he'd be happy.

Some people... :rolleyes:

5. Thalin macrumors member

No, the one he broke was covered for a year anyway, right? If I were you I would just take the new one into another store, and not mention that it's a replacement.

Edit: Oh you mean it wasn't covered because it was accidental damage. Yeah, good point!

6. laurihoefs macrumors 6502a

laurihoefs

He had AppleCare, so there was a three year coverage for the original laptop, and what was left of that was transferred to the replacement he received.

I understood that he wanted to get the full three year coverage for the replacement laptop, which of course is not possible.

7. Thalin macrumors member

Hmmm, my MBP was replaced in the last month of it's three years Applecare, and the replacement has the new one year cover on it. It wasn't transferred.