What about Apple's September event

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nicolas4ever, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

I was thinking about the event for a week.This year is different.The iPhone 5 didn't release in june/july.So i want to ask everyone.What do you think about the september event? Is it going to be like other years (first week of september?) or an other date? Last year we already knew from 24 august that the event is goona get place on September 1st.

2. WLS macrumors 65816

I'm expecting the 6th or 7th. It's getting rather late for a Sept 1 show as the invites have to be sent out. Just maybe they could be sent out Monday but it's looking doubtful for that.
    I would expect the rollout to be on campus as it is a smaller event now. Only the iPhone and iPad justify a Moscone Arena event.

3. Illumination macrumors regular

There's been a media event in the first week of September for the last few years. If there is one this year, we should know by this coming week.

Some reasons as to why there may not be one this year:

• The iPhone 5 looks like it won't be out until October.
    • Apple will probably want a universal iOS5 / iPhone 5 / iPod Touch 5 release at the same time.

The iPhone 5 delay will probably delay everything else (ready or not) as well.

4. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

It's entirely possible there won't be a keynote until sometime in the last two weeks of September.

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

If you listened to Apple's conference call with share holders. Peter said that apple will be releasing a device that will impact their September Quarter.

Analyst asked Peter what that product was and Tim said, "We don't comment because we are so magical."

iPhone-iPod touch is most likely going to come out end of September with announcement on Mid-September.

6. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

7. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

No idea, but my gut tells me that they've got some announcements planned to follow on from (and repair some of the damage caused by) the whole "Steve is gone" announcement.

They're a smart company, I'd bet there was a whole plan (re: Steve) and they won't allow much time to pass before shifting attention back to the great products they produce. Their stock price would suffer too much if they didn't have some great announcements up their sleeves.

8. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

last year i was sure that september apple is gonna have the event.This year it's just... :confused: i think that we wont see anything early september :(

9. Torresangel88 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5302b Safari/7534.48.3)

I say a day after the whole buy a Mac for college get $100 iTunes giftcard deal is over which is september 21, 2011 or September 20

10. Torresangel88 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5302b Safari/7534.48.3)

I say a day after the whole buy a Mac for college get $100 iTunes giftcard deal is over which is september 21, 2011

11. LeiQQ, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011

LeiQQ macrumors regular

LeiQQ

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

http://techcrunch.com/2010/08/25/apple-event-september/

Do you think this is real???

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ha. I just noticed that was 2010. Oops. I think everything is just taking too long this year.

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I don't think we will see an event till after 9/20.. After back to school expires. Or the week of.

13. bearsalley34, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

bearsalley34 macrumors member

do you guys think there is a chance that Steve will give the keynote? Besides, he still works for Apple.

14. WLS macrumors 65816

from Sunday night's USA today article http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/s...ive-in-October-analysts-say/50165308/1?csp=hf

"The iPod lineup, which has seen sales decline for the past three years, will get a refresh that ties the portable players more into cloud-based music services, he says. Doherty also expects a new version of the iPod Touch, which he thinks will closely resemble the iPhone 5. "It will be an even better gaming machine, because games sell better on the Touch than they do on the iPhone, he says.
    Apple earlier this year announced a fall debut for iCloud, a new software service for accessing and syncing data from multiple Apple devices."
    ---------------------------
    Interesting that Dohery reports iPod sales have been declining for the last three years. Apple is really in a position that they have to bring out a new model every year to motivate owners to upgrade or see sales drop even more.
    I'm hoping for more news tomorrow.

15. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Yeah, even if it's just do some intros. I see him doing the initial "We've got something magical to talk about today the new _(insert device of choice)_ To demo it we have ......"

And then some closing remarks, and 'thanks' to apple engineers and staff, and their families.

16. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

It is fairly common knowledge that iPod Touch sales have been on the decline. The reason for higher games sales for the iPod Touch over the iPhone probably has to do with the demographic of Touch owners being more of a game player than the typical iPhone owner.

17. Illumination macrumors regular

He's not the CEO anymore. I wouldn't count on him leading the keynote. He's also technically on medical leave.

18. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

He was also on medical leave for WWDC and iPad 2 event. I think we will see him, especially if iPhone 5 is announced at the next event with iPods.

19. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

Im worried.Nothing new about the media event.Nothing new about the ipod touch expect yesterday that the ipod touch white surface was leaked but this could very well be an ipod touch 4g prototype :(:(:(

20. WLS macrumors 65816

If the event is Friday they could send out the invites tomorrow but I'm still predicting the 6th or 7th which would mean the invites would be on Friday. The last few days are always the most painful to wait out.

21. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

True . Damn i want them to come out lol :D

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

23. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Not expecting new iPod touch with any significant updates.

I do not even expect A5 on the next iPod touch.

Apple will most likely going to release white version and drop the price 8GB model from 229 dollars to 199 dollars.

24. Nicolas4ever thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

Doesnt make sense.Apple is suppoed to put the A5 as every iDevice will have it:D

25. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Link? Where did Apple state that every iDevice will have an A5? :confused: