What About Canadians?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Project-79, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

I've called two Apple Stores, and they both say they have no EPA for the new MacBook Pros. Anyone have any info for when they are hittings stores?

Thanks!

Pro-79

2. Firanide macrumors member

I was talking with a friend of mine who works at an Apple store, and he said they would arrive either Thursday or next week sometime, but I've also talked to a friend that lives in Victoria, who has already tried one out.

I would venture to guess they'll be set up in all stores by the end of the week.

3. Project-79 thread starter macrumors 6502

Project-79

Sweet! I hope your right!

Pro-79

4. gunmetalgrey macrumors newbie

I checked in at the downtown Vancouver store during lunch time today and the guy's response was "we should get them in a couple of days"... great...

5. nomade macrumors member

nomade

I've order mine from the apple store with a french canadian keyboard and shipping is announce "2 to 3 days"

Hope this is true !

6. duykur macrumors regular

If you live in Toronto, The Apple store at Fairview Mall was selling them on Tuesday.

7. Project-79 thread starter macrumors 6502

Project-79

Really? The new ones? I called Fairview soon after they announced them, and they said they didn't know when they'd be out.

Pro-79

8. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

im glad none of the Toronto stores got them yet...i was about to start feeling bad about ordering online

i just want it to come soon!!!!

PS. why dont we have overnight shipping? that option missing kinda disappointed me :(

9. Panzo macrumors 6502

Seems Apple really demoted to the status of cumkleenex. I dont get why Sydney gets the MBP's on floor ready to go the day after keynote and so does the U.S but us humble canadians (EH??? ABOOT?) get it a week later. this is faggotry at its best.

10. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Actually, Sydney got them the day OF the keynote. Keep in mind that Wed here is basically Tues in Cali.

11. Panzo macrumors 6502

I see, thats my point i mean were not that far, i dont see why we cant receive them at the same time as the U.S

12. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Very well put! I found 'cumkleenex' to be particularly apt haha

Who gives a ****? You can wait a couple of days - go read a book.

13. Panzo macrumors 6502

I give a **** not only am i paying more for a product when the exchange is almost at par i also have to wait longer for it. Books are for lamers, e-books plz.

14. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

I hate to break it to you, but the price is pretty reasonable given that our loonie is currently trading at 84 cents (not even close to on par). If you read a book every now and then, perhaps you would know what state the economy is in :D

As an alternative, go fill a kleenex - that should keep you occupied for while.

15. Panzo macrumors 6502

forget about kleenex im filling some ones hole bud, your right about the exchange rate, but apart from you being a total macfag, we should receive laptops at the same time imo.

16. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

Right, which is why you're still on this site... Get real you ass-hat.