What about Health iCloud integration?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Hyloba, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Hyloba macrumors 6502

The iMessage iCloud integration is wonderful, now it's less of an annoyance to set up an iPhone as new because I can keep all my messages. But the Health app and its data was the only other thing that couldn't be moved over to another iPhone when setup as new. Has this changed?

2. honglong1976 macrumors 6502a

honglong1976

Yes, I would love to know. Would be great in the cloud!

3. lemimouth macrumors regular

There is a health item (called "Santé" in french) in iCloud settings, so I believe it's comming

Fichier 06.06.17 12 14 24.png

4. honglong1976 macrumors 6502a

honglong1976

5. Hyloba thread starter macrumors 6502

That's great to hear! This is one of the more exiting features to me.

6. honglong1976 macrumors 6502a

honglong1976

same here, i can finally reset my phone and get all my data back

7. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Happy here too .... the only reason I restored in the past was due to messages. When the watch came along I then had 2 reasons (messages and health/activity). 1 down, 1 to go hopefully.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I have been requesting this from Apple feedback for 3 years. I have lost my health data a half dozen times because of health is reset when setting up as new. Thank goodness. No more losing activity. (Hopefully that's included, but I don't see why not).

9. xdexina macrumors member

xdexina

Well now, we only need and iPad app :) and it will be completed uhhuhhhh

10. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Yesssssss.

I would so much rather view my data and long-term trends on my iPad screen. Activity too. And if meal logging comes to the Health app then especially so.

11. filipe.esposito macrumors member

filipe.esposito

Someone to test first? lol

By the way, I would be very happy if this backup of health data on iCloud includes the Apple Watch achievements and exercises informations.

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I know. I was thinking the same thing. Who wants to restore their phone to see if it works. I don't. I don't even want to risk it with restoring my backup back. During the 10.1 fiasco I lost all my data because of a bug, even with encrypted and iTunes backups.

I can't imagine activity won't be included because it's all combined.

It better be included, otherwise it's worthless to me. That's what I am sick of losing. Health data I don't care about. It's the activity app that is valuable to me.

13. filipe.esposito macrumors member

filipe.esposito

Exactly... I want to restore my iPhone and use as a new phone, without my old data, but I only need my Activity data back.

14. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Same here. I don't care about messages or game data. Thats all backed up through various clouds incorporated in the games. All I care about is activity. I have fallen victim to needing to restore as new 5 times since I got my Apple Watch. I can't hit my 365 days :(

15. dazcox5181 macrumors 6502

I installed the iOS 11 beta over the 10.3.3 beta, on a 6+ and was getting horrible lag opening apps, and generally didn't feel right. Was going to pass off as normal for a dev beta 1, but had a nagging feeling it could be better.
    I seem to have iMessage in the cloud working, so last night took a iTunes backup and wiped settings and content from the phone. I did not restore a backup, I set up as new.
    I am VERY pleased that not only have my messages restored...but my Heath and Activity INCLUDING achievements have all restored too!
    So happy, and the phone is running way better than before!

16. filipe.esposito macrumors member

filipe.esposito

Wow, so that's amazing! I will try to do a clean install tomorrow...

17. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Guys.. there is an easy way to keep all your Activity and Health data. Just do an encrypted iTunes backup. At the moment that's the only way to restore these.

18. dazcox5181 macrumors 6502

Apologies - ACTIVITY data IS restored.
    edit (SOME)Health is missing :(

Looks like heart rate has transferred, but thinks like active cals etc haven't. I'm happy looks like its still an improvement

19. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

iCloud backup has always backed up your Health data like iTunes encrypted. The discussion was the ability to do a clean install (NOT from a backup) and reinstall your Health data. iTunes doesn't do this and nether did iCloud and in the past a clean install meant losing your Health data. dazcox5181 is reporting that he/she did a clean install of their iPhone and was able to restore the Health data from iCloud.

20. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

That's wrong. Maybe they changed it but it wasn't always the case. And the other thing I didn't read - just wanted to point out the only way to save Activity and Health data.

21. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Actually it has. Here is Apple info from iOS9.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205632

22. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Hm, interesting.. then I probably got confused with all the problems people had with Activity and Health data that got lost.

23. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Both iTunes encrypted and iCloud backup have backed up health data starting with the release of health in iOS 8.

24. filipe.esposito macrumors member

filipe.esposito

Can you screenshot your Activity app now after the restore? And the achievements? They're back?

25. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

As long as Activity (achievements, calendar(rings), workouts) all transferred, thats all I care about!