What About iPhone 4 16 & 32

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gretschdrummer, Oct 4, 2011.

1. gretschdrummer macrumors member

I am looking to buy an iPhone to replace my old iPod and old phone. I am happy the iPhone 4 8gb (original) price dropped down to $99, but what about the 16 and 32gb ones? I would much rather pay $115-$130 instead of the $199 price of the 4S. Will they not be offered cheap? Thanks.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The remaining stock is being sold at a cheaper price, but they are no longer being made. Once they are sold out, they will not be restocked.

3. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

They are only keeping an 8gb iPhone 4. You won't be able to buy 16/32 versions anymore.

4. gretschdrummer thread starter macrumors member

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

They do this every year: When the new iPhone comes out, they drop everything and keep (or in this case, introduce) an 8GB model to keep as the "low end" iPhone. Not sure why they're still keeping the 3Gs to be honest! "Super low end". :p

6. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

It wouldn't make sense to make the gap just $50 between models. $50 over the course of a 2 year contract is just $2.08 per month.

If you can afford to put $2.08 a month in your budget, why not get the 16GB 4S with an 8MP camera, Voice Assistant, 1080p video, faster processor, and better antenna over a regular 16GB iPhone 4?

7. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

Ah... Maybe because it is the second best selling phone out there. It may not have all the bells and whistles buy it a hell of a nice phone. Does not feel like a cheap toy like all the droids.

8. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

The only reason I can see them keeping it around is because of remaining overstock.

Not saying it's a bad device, I've got two of em and I would rather use either than a SGSII (and that's being honest).

9. gretschdrummer thread starter macrumors member

Good points. I guess I'll get the 4S. When the preorders sell out, when will they have a regular stock?

10. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

Me too, the sgsII = suck

11. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I disagree. It doesn't "suck", it's just not for me. I would never use one personally, although it happens to be one of the most powerful smartphones available. It just goes to show that "powerful" doesn't always win you the war, as Apple has proven. Samsung may currently be the leader in consumer electronics, but the iPhone 4 is still the number 1 selling smartphone in the world.