What about my apps?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lakshi, Nov 19, 2009.

1. lakshi macrumors regular

Helllo, i restored my iphone 3G to 3.1.2 on my factory unlocked iphone and then just activated it. Now im having terrible battery life on my phone. Now i want to restore my iphone 3.1.2 and activate it again. I have many apps on my phone and need to know if i can recover my apps back again after restoring my phone again?

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

If those apps are synced with your itunes then yes, you just have to add them.
    With JB'ed apps you would have needed a program called Pkgbackup, Aptbackup or have downloaded your apps through Rock with a rock i.d. to restore them all easily

3. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, thanks for your reply. Btw do u think restoring my phone again can increase my battery life?

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

i doubt it. It could be the new firmware, so you could downgrade to see if thats still a problem or do a complete battery drain, then re-charge. Many people find this a good solution for increasing battery life.

5. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

I've heard that the version cannot be downgraded since baseband remains the same and iTunes gives 16xx errors

6. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

I have done 2 jailbreaks (out of the many I have done) where battery life was bad. I restored both times, choose set up as new, then re-JB, chose set up as new and fixed the battery life issues.

Yes, you can restore and re-JB and in my experience fix the battery life issues.

7. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

Im really happy with your reply...it has given me hope. Ill restore now, but just one more question...should i sync my apps from itunes after restore and jailbreak or should i reinstall the apps that i need. Will syncing my apps from itunes spoil my battery life again?

8. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Well I always use Pwnage Tool. I restore but don't sync anything back until after I re-JB. Saves time incase the JB goes bad and you have to re-do it again. After the phone is JB and Cydia is up and working OK, phone is activated, MMS, WiFi and calling work, then I put my apps, music and movies back.

9. lakshi thread starter macrumors regular

Guess what i restored my phone and activated it and im already noticing changes in my battery...i also downloaded an app i purchased earlier and didnt have to pay for it. Sms, phone, wifi, safari and youtube everything working. Now i will go to my home computer and setup phone as new and reload my songs. Thanks , really appreciate it