What about Red Sn0w

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by kenai, Jan 16, 2009.

1. kenai macrumors newbie

2. SeanFace macrumors newbie

There was a two page thread on here 2 days ago, and POOF it was gone. Moderators, what did you do and why is no one excited?

3. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

4. SeanFace macrumors newbie

Oh yup the dev team just released a update also, so remember to keep checking back.

5. SeanFace macrumors newbie

Update:

"It looks like we’ll do the Qik broadcast on Saturday afternoon (California time). It’ll be announced through MuscleNerd’s twitter. Unfortunately the Qik chatroom seems unmanageable, with no way to control the nicknames being used. So we’ll avoid it altogether — nobody on the Qik chat claiming to be us is actually us, so please don’t be fooled."

Link to Qik account: http://qik.com/musclenerd

Q&A:

Q:So what exactly is this video going to be? The actual tutorial on how to jailbreak the ipod 2G or just the ipod 2G jailbroken? Someone please reply. Thanks!
    A:probably a sort of "state of the jailbreak" overview: where we are, what needs to be done, but also of course showing actual Cydia apps working, etc.

Q:Ohh damn i got all excited thinking it was going to be the jailbreak tutorial.
    A:The jailbreak method currently doesn't lend itself to a tutorial (because there are too many what-if scenarios).

Q:Oh, it will be more difficult than the other jailbreaks?
    If it's too difficult, that will probably delay it.
    Our goal is to fit it into the current PwnageTool and/or QuickPwn methods

Q:I know you aren't giving an ETA, but I'm just asking will it be very long until its out? How long are you estimating?
    A:Let's just say that nobody is more eager to get this released than we are. :) Because as nice as the iPod Touch 2G is, it's not an iPhone and this is delaying some other iPhone goals.