What about the Choppy Dock?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sdahe, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I remember everybody hoping that 10.5.2 will fix the choppy animation in the dock magnification...

IS IT FIX???????

Anyone....

2. Sdahe thread starter macrumors 68000

Sdahe

WOW.... after a few minutes is very nice... mines is great!!!...

Everthing is faster now and the graphic effects are very smooth now...

3. jesstech macrumors member

No.

I notice no discernible difference in speed between 10.5.1's dock and 10.5.2's dock; they're both sluggish and choppy. However, I just posted about a discovery I made when System Preferences crashed and the dock suddenly became quick as lightning.

4. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

I'm the opposite, I've found the Dock has always been fine, even with just 10.5.0.

5. John01021988 macrumors 6502

6. ktrix macrumors newbie

No.

I just installed 10.5.2 and although the animations do seem to be slightly smoother, they are still noticeably choppy and not nearly as smooth as Tiger.

I just downloaded the Leopard Graphics Update. Hopefully it will improve Leopard's graphics performance. I'll update this post when I know.

Update: The Graphics Update seems to help. The animations appear to be fairly smooth but remain choppy in slow-motion (i.e., while holding the shift key). Still not as smooth as Tiger. :(

7. khunsanook macrumors 6502

khunsanook

After the graphics update the dock does seem smoother, but still not as smooth as Tiger which I booted up for comparison. Tiger's dock is like butter.