What about the iPhone 6 makes it look bent?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by laney1999, Jun 18, 2015.

1. laney1999 macrumors newbie

I know many people complain that there phone looks bent yet they place it on a flat surface and it isnt. What is it that makes it look bent? Is it the protruding camera? Maybe the screen not being flush with the casing or the position of the buttons on the side? Did anybody used to think there iPhone was bent only to place it on a surface and discover it to be flat?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Can't say I know of anyone that thinks their phone is bent (if it's not actually bent).

3. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

I think it's the camera sticking out. Mine wobbles when its on a flat surface and the camera sticks out some on the one side.

4. TallGuyGT macrumors regular

TallGuyGT

Maybe it's my OCD, but I always thought my Verizon iPhone 6 Plus looked slightly bent, though it didn't wobble on a table. Perhaps it was all the news at the time about "bendgate" making me a hypochondriac about my phone!

I got a new 6 Plus when I had to switch to AT&T, looks perfectly normal checking it out right now.

5. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Lay it down flat on a surface (Screen down). If it will rock back and forth I have news for you. If not, respring and check for any updates.

6. iPhonemaster5S macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

Mine appears bent but in reality it isn't, I would blame the camera protruding out.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I know no one who thinks their iPhone is bent. You must travel with a difference "crowd" of people than I do.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like a better question, or perhaps at least as good of a question, might be more along the lines of "what is it about some people that makes them think their phone is bent when it isn't?" ;-)

9. vcerdat macrumors newbie

I thought mine was bent but its totally flat, i think its the protuding camera + the rounded shape of the casing that make it looks bent, if u hold it at different angles sometimes the shadows in the casing make it looks bent or misshapen.

10. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

hi

i actually think the eye is not being fooled. and the phone is bent, however very slightly. this is what the eye is picking up.
    but when you put it on a table you can't necessarily see where its actually bend, or even put a piece of paper under it, because the actual degree (amount) of bend is not that much. but i actually think your eye is picking up the clues correctly.

a 1 degree of bend could be picked up by the eye, but still apparently lie flat on a table if the middle is bent but the ends even out.