What about the MBP before the New Ones

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by veoseo, Apr 16, 2010.

1. veoseo macrumors newbie

Apr 13, 2010
    Hello all, gr8 forum,

I am a little confused - what about the MBP that have now become OLD models - what did Apple do to them - would they be available to buy somewhere?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    They keep them for warranty replacements. Check around places like smalldog, amazon, or maybe even MacMall- they might have them on clearance.
  3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    A few 3rd party retailers may have some in stock, but mostly you can only find them at the Apple Refurb store.
  4. veoseo thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 13, 2010

What about any idea on any UK based sites/stores.... :confused:
  5. mugtastic macrumors regular

Jun 22, 2006
    go to the refurb section on your apple store site. always like new quality w/ warranty - just plain packaging.
  6. blowncob macrumors newbie

Aug 19, 2008
    apple store,only in person though. On the little display cards in the store they say there still available for a cheaper price. I only asked about the base 13" mbp and it was 100 cheaper. you can still get the education discount as well. So it was going to be $999.
  7. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

Jan 25, 2009
    Check with your normal Apple retailers, if they weren't out-of-stock before the new models came out on Tuesday, then they've probably cut the prices on them. Here in the USA, many of the mail order places like Amazon.com, MacConnection.com have lower the prices on their existing stock of previous models. I don't have any Apple retailers locally available to me so I have to rely on mail order.