What about the people who sold their iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, Jun 2, 2010.

1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

People who sold their iPhone, to save money for the new iPhone, are probably worried about the data plans [unless you have an additional iPhone laying around]

Since i sold my iPhone and canceled my iPhone data plan, there's no way i can revert back into the unlimited plan when the new iPhone is released
    So what other option is there?

2. WillieG macrumors member

WillieG

I want to keep my current 30.00 unlimitted. I have sold my 3GS and am waiting for the iphone 4. That's why I sold the 3GS in the first place. Now I'm confused. I'm using a V3 Razr in the mean time. But if this means losing my unlimitted iphone plan, as the upgrade window in the AT&T page is now showing the back up phone and not the iphone, then I will forego the new iphone 4 and go and buy a new 3GS before June 7th, to retain the unlimitted plan and upgrade later on. What a dilema....

3. iPadztr macrumors 6502

i sold mine months ago... BUT, i did not cancel my plan as I know i'll be buying the new. Technically I still have the unlimited plan, but i'm using it with my unlock 2g iphone. ;)

would like to know about your situation tho.. for future reference :)

4. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I'm using a backup but my data plan is still iPhone and I plan on keeping it that way.

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Check your OLAM and verify that your data plan is still intact and if so you're good to go.

6. WillieG macrumors member

WillieG

@elephunkman, what type of backup phone are you using and how long have you been using it?

7. masterlimp macrumors member

Your only option is to get a friends iPhone and add the data plan back on. Then give the phone back to him and go phoneless for a few days. I'm not sure if going to a dumb phone will cause them to remove the plan.