What about the Sudden Motion Sensor?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 6825924, Aug 10, 2013.

1. 6825924 Suspended

Hi guys!

I finally got my 13" MacBook Pro of mid 2012 to work with the Samsung 840 SATA III that I bought, this by swapping out the HDD out of the main bay and putting it in the optical bay (I tried to keep it in the main bay at first though)
    I couldn't get my files cloned when the SSD was in the optical bay so...
    This seems to me like the optical bay adapter I bought is not SATA III supported? On the package it says it supports SATA II I didn't think it would've made any difference. On the adapter itself there's only HDD written on it.

Anyways, I know the the logic board carries the SMS for the HDD that won't be working now, is this really a biggie?
    Perhaps since I managed to clone the files I should try to put the SSD back in the optical bay?

And, if any one has experience with 'separating' files, I mean putting all the media files, like libraries on the normal HDD, feel free to enlighten me with your knowlegde :D

As always, I very much appreciate you guys and your support!

Cheers

2. niteflyr, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  3. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

Given all the previous issues you had, I would leave well enough alone if everything is working now. As far as SMS goes, many of us operating with same setup. I turn computer off rather than sleep when traveling to park the HDD and more mindful not to drop when using.

4. 6825924 thread starter Suspended

Problem is, the data doubler is about $90 (including shipment) if I want to get it here in Belgium... So I'm looking for an alternative that can be found on amazon.co.ul (an alternative without $25 shipment) or amazon.de

Thanks for the other useful links though!

----------

Okay, that's nice to hear, I didn't even know it was dangerous to just even travel with the HDD :) thanks for the input!

5. niteflyr macrumors 6502a

6. 6825924 thread starter Suspended

I've got it out now and it says ATA instead of SATA... I got tired of this and left the HDD out, SDD in main bay and the optical drive back in:) that's how I will keep it for now unless this 'ATA' adapter causes it. I hope so because a 120GB drive is a bit too small
    I appreciate your reply!