What about the UI difference?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steelo3232, Sep 16, 2017.

1. steelo3232 macrumors regular

I just upgraded my IPAD to the new 12.9 Pro version a couple weeks ago. Maybe I've missed it on here, but one the reasons I went with the 8+ was because from a UI experience, the uniformity will be the same between the two. Swiping down on both devices will yield the same result. Parts of the software will be where they are expected to be on both devices.

When one intermingles between the two devices regularly throughout the day, I see having one UI on the X and another on the IPAD PRO being severely detrimental to efficiency and would cause major frustration throughout the day on the part of me, the user.

I'm not opposed to change, it is inevitable. However, having two UI's on two products that are newly released makes little sense to me. If it was necessary to change the UI to accommodate the IPHONE X then the changes should have been universally rolled back into IOS 11 across all devices. Swiping up should always = the same result regardless of the Apple device one is using.

2. ncrypt macrumors 6502

Completely agree, it was one of my reasons as well. Will be interesting to see how / if Apple addresses the UX inconsistencies, I can only imagine some of these new paradigms will come to other devices in iOS 12.

3. bob24 macrumors 6502

Agreed. UI inconsistency across devices bothers me as well.

I actually think part of the reason 3D Touch seems to be underused is that Apple never brought it to the iPad.

4. Nozuka macrumors 68020

i actually sometimes try to use 3d touch on my ipad by accident, since i don't use it very often... very annoying.