What About Us Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Project-79, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

Hi,

Before I start, I think that this new lower pricing is great! Everyone should be able to purchase iPhone, no matter their salary.

But, what about the higher class people? After all, we are the people who originally bought the iPhone! Why isn't their a $400-$500 model with a better camera, front facing camera, and 32Gb? It shouldn't be that hard to put in.

Apple should appease both higher and middle class people. First, it was too expensive for middle class people. Now, it doesn't have enough to satify higher class people.

Apple, please, release a Pro version of the iPhone, ALONG with the newly priced iPhones.

Please don't flame me, I just want Apple to have more customers.

P-79

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

3. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

dude its still not as cheap as it may look. in fact you will pay more with the 3G than the 2G even with the subsidy. about $100 more.

4. Project-79 thread starter macrumors 6502

Project-79

4G (if even possible next year) and 64Gb.

Its just that, Apple could easily put a better camera, front facing camera, and 64Gb right now. Its not technology that isn't out.

P-79

5. Project-79 thread starter macrumors 6502

Project-79

True! But, people that paid for 1500 Text Messages spent the same as people will have to pay now.

6. aethelbert macrumors 601

Do you have any idea how much a 64GB chip would cost right now? :eek:

They like simplicity, they always have. There's no need to create more models to confuse people.

7. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

or donate the extra $200 to a charity if you truly want to pay more. :rolleyes:

8. Project-79 thread starter macrumors 6502

Project-79

But, that would be in a year from now. Prices will come down in price very quickly in a year.

9. newyorksole macrumors 68030

video recording
    voice activation/notes
    copy/paste

the only things I feel that are needed that can't be solved by the apps store

10. Project-79 thread starter macrumors 6502

Project-79

I'm not looking to throw away my money. I just want a Super All-In-One.

11. timimbo85 macrumors regular

timimbo85

But this is setting a class for people, why should you get a better camera / phone, because you make more. To me it is not fair, I have a great job and great salary but I came from nothing and worked my ass off. But its like throwing the scraps to the dogs. just my thought

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

this guy is talking about classes of people? whoa i thought all that tlk about apple elitists was just crap. apparantly theres some out there giving us regular apple fans a bad name....

13. aethelbert macrumors 601

That's not what you said.

Even next summer, though, 64GB will probably still be too expensive.

14. Kupe macrumors member

Correct - the OP's caste is a much higher caste than many of the common folks here. It would be beneath the OP's societal status to even touch the phone of a commoner, let alone be caught owning one. Steve Jobs must learn to recognize the characteristics of our caste society so that he may more appropriately meet the needs of the higher caste members. :rolleyes:

15. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

16. Kupe macrumors member

If Apple is planning to go into iPhone production with 64 GB chips next summer, they had better be placing their order for them now to compensate for production and shipping times. BTW, that order will be priced at today's prices, not some potential future price that might happen next summer.

17. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Are you saying more cash = higher social class? Or that those who originally got the iPhone are better than others for doing so??

I'd agree with you on the higher end model point.

18. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

This is a rather ridiculous post. I hate to break it to you, but we live in a society where the more you pay, the more you get. By your logic, why should YOU get an iPhone when someone doing heavy manual labor who works 12 hours a day and makes only 18K/year can't get an iPhone?

19. penter macrumors 6502a

penter

Too late for that...
    Because that's not what it seems like, with Apple's current (apparent) mania for releasing "barely-through-with-development" products. Simplicity doesn't mean the release of lackadaisical software and or hardware.
    it also doesn't mean the release of new products and features every few months, thus just complicating their current line of products with constant and crazy subsequent price changes/updates, name changes/updates, version changes/updates, etc, etc.

But that's just me.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Do you even follow tech news? its not like 64 GB thats small enough and not power hungry enough to use in a phone is readily available. Sure theres one or two products out there but their still VERY expensive. You dont push products out on technology thats in its infancy

21. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

iPhone pro, I like the sound of that. Keep it metal like the macbook pro add more space and a few other feature and I am sure a bunch of people would buy it.

22. ThunderSkunk macrumors 68020

ThunderSkunk

Speaking of class,

People whose literacy matches that of a fifth grade child typically aren't considered high class.

People so pretentious to not only talk loosely of social classes, but assume they are nearer the top, aren't considered high class.

So, welcome to the low-class ranks, where we will flame you for talking like an idiot, which I indeed may be doing right at this very moment.

Nonsense aside, you made a good point.

1. If they can make a $300 msrp phone, they should be able to make the same model with a video camera in the front for 3G video call/chats for $500 - $600. That would be a major shift in the way people communicate in the US. A second Big iPhone Boom. Instead, this model simply feels like a cheaper, plastic version of the same exact phone we've been using, with only a few performance increases to existing functionality.

2. I don't buy that "The delicate customers will get confused and run away!" routine, and neither does Apple. How many iPod models do they make now? Two phones is not hard to figure out, when one is $300 and one is $600, and one has a video camera on the front and one doesn't.

3. Where the hell is Copy & Paste? Fat lot of good all that Enterprise bragging is going to do when they've finally got Office & iWork support but no clipboard functionality. Not to mention, about ten times a week writing little shnibbles of information on odd bits of paper while I type them from one iPhone app to another one thumb at a time. Stupid.

23. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

so to sum it all up you want an expensive phone to say you can afford an expensive phone? but not too expensive so that people dont know what phone it is, just enough so that others self esteem will drop just enough to make you feel good about yourself. you feel you deserve the right to spend more for a phone because you earn more. go a buy a N96 if you want to spend more money if that will make you feel better.
    at least learn something about tech before you come on here. the iPhone is not a cheaper phone because they lowered the price. by your logic it would be better if it was $600 with the same features it has now.
    i wonder about some people...

24. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Sounds like someone actually wants a MacBook Air!