What about USB-C to Lightning cable ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Pandarama, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Pandarama macrumors member

Pandarama

Hey guys,

What is Apple waiting to lauch this cable ?
    All people who have rMB and iPhone 5 or 6 need it.

Okay wireless syncro is possible but some people still have to import photos or sync faster musics or contents ..

Who need it too ?

I think it will be a great feature to choose between USB or USB-C to Lightning when we buy an iPhone or iPad.

Or maybe USB-C will replace lightning then ?

2. Pandarama thread starter macrumors member

Pandarama

Yeah sure but I'm part of people who think cheap amazon cable can't really do the job.
    Anyone own one and can say it is ok to use it with iPhone without any issues?

3. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

At these prices, you are better off buying Apple's USB-C to USB adapter and use it with your current USB to lightning cable. It'll look OEM. Just keep the adapter connected with your lightning cable. It won't make much of a difference. Just pretend it's a single cable.

I'm hoping this upcoming iPhone update will be using USB-C. One less cable to carry around.

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Be VERY careful with these. I've known many people to buy cheap Chinese cables (these are cheap chinese cables), and they use inferior metals, so the lightning tab breaks off in your phone.

5. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

This is what I'm doing for the time being. Means I can carry just one power brick and two cables plus the adapter I'd need anyhow to charge all of my devices.