What accesories did you guys buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by staradder, Nov 2, 2011.

1. staradder macrumors newbie

Hello,

Not sure if there are many threads like this but i was wondering what accessories did you guys buy. There are a ton of accessories out there but Im sure that not all of them are worth it. What do you guys think are absolute necessary?

Im thinking of buying a pouch and an invisible shield. Don't think a screen protector is necessary. What about a keyboard protector? Share your accessories!

2. simsaladimbamba, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  3. ecib macrumors regular

ecib

I only purchased a sleeve :)

http://www.pack-smooch.com/en/shop/apple-laptop-sleeve-air-hampshire/anthracitelight-brown

My MBA was the first laptop I've owned where I didn't need a portable mouse to interact with it effectively. The multitouch pad is that good.

BTW, that sleeve is incredibly well crafted. I had it sent over from Germany and it was worth the wait.

4. TheJing macrumors 6502a

TheJing

I got an Incase "Andy Warhol" sleeve, iSkin keyboard protector and a Moshi Palmguard. I'm loving them all.

I just saw that this was the MBA forum. I have those things for my MBP.

My Air has an Incase sleeve and a Moshi keyboard protector.

5. scarred macrumors 6502a

A sleeve, a moshi key guard, display port to hdmi connector (from mono price), and an extra magsafe (two rooms in my house now have a power connection).

Don't forget to buy some software! We spend a grand or more on these things, and then struggle to spend a few bucks on programs that make it do pretty cool stuff (at least it has been a struggle for me, but I think I'm getting over it). The mac app store is great.

6. convergent, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011

convergent macrumors 68000

convergent

I was replacing a MBP with the MBA, and so some of these I already had, and some I bought:

27" Thunderbolt Display
    Bluetooth Keyboard (already had)
    Magic Trackpad (bought and retired Magic Mouse)
    Superdrive (might not have bought if I knew it won't work on a hub)
    Display Cable (for doing presentations)
    USB2 to Ethernet (for when no Wifi... didn't realize there are faster 3rd party ones out there)
    Bose Sound System (already had)
    Generic USB Sound card (to avoid connecting audio cable to MBA)
    Zalman ZM-NC 1000 laptop cooler (already had)
    USB Hub (already had)
    Seagate External 1TB FW800 drive (already had - Time Machine, SuperDuper, and scratch on 3 partitions)
    Fujitsu ScanSnap S510M (already had.. use with DevonThink)
    Various printers, scanners, 10 bays of NAS storage, and other stuff attached to network and USB

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

About five cases (Im OCD about cases)
    External USB keyboard (I wanted the big one)
    Magic Mouse
    Thunderbolt Display

And I am seriously looking at that USB subwoofer. Looks sweet!

8. Brandon0448 macrumors 6502

Brandon0448

Ive got a sleeve, icarbons, bluetooth mouse and a 750 gb portable HD.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I just picked up a bluetooth keyboard, but an old model, not the new one. I find the new one too thin and uncomfortable to type on. The older model is a very nice full function keyboard with real keys, a beautiful clear case with white keys, and it works great. Found it on eBay for $40. They retailed for $59 about 8 years ago. Some people are selling them for $100 on eBay. Crazy.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Wireless-Keyboard-M9270LL-A/dp/B0000DBJ8A

----------

Oh, and I ended up getting the USB subwoofer. Very, very nice. Don't expect room trembling bass, but it does add a nice oomph to the Thunderbolt display audio.

10. johnhurley macrumors 6502a

johnhurley

I think a lot of it depends on how careful you are and if you are in a college ( or high school environment ) or not.

My mba goes in a regular laptop case.

Accessories though include a couple of display adapters, a couple of chargers, a couple of external USB ethernet connectors, some usb hubs, and an external usb mouse and keyboard.

11. snowwhite007 macrumors 6502

I bought the superdrive, sleeve, wireless keyboard and wireless mouse to go with my external monitor;)

12. daonesteven macrumors 6502

a nice sleeve from Waterfield and a Radtech cloth

Had a keyboard cover by Rearth too and it was okay but not really using it anymore.

13. diggy33 macrumors 6502

diggy33

14. DouchGod macrumors regular

DouchGod

I got a bookbook case for mine so I can discreetly carry it around.

15. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Ethernet adapter
    SuperDrive
    Bookbook case
    Zagg shield
    External hdd. (1TB)

16. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

Really depends on how you're going to be using it.

I'll be back in school shortly at university, so I focused on things that worked best for that sort of "lifestyle". In general, I really enjoy the bluetooth Apple keyboard - it's small, thin and good looking. I picked up a Moshi keyboard protector and am not a fan (it is keeping the keys and slots beside the keys clean however).

If you're going to be on the go with it at all, a case/sleeve/shell and bag for it sounds like the next place to start shopping. Tons of threads on here about that too. Enjoy :).