What accesories you get while waiting on your 5s?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by yungskeeme, Sep 21, 2013.

1. yungskeeme macrumors regular

yungskeeme

2. ewils19 macrumors 6502

I ordered a Speck Candyshell in White/Peacock Blue. It came last week. I also got an AmazonBasics lightning cable. Debating whether or not to get some screen protectors as well.

3. yungskeeme thread starter macrumors regular

yungskeeme

I just ordered the case above which comes with a free screen protector and an external backup battery. All under $30.

4. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I advise you to cancel that case order and order this one.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQDWZYS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered the Ringke slim case, and I received it yesterday. The Ringke doesn't fit perfectly. The back doesn't sit flat against the back of the phone, so you can rock the phone back and forth if you lay it on a table if that makes sense.

I've already placed my order on the SPIGEN Ultra Fit in smooth black. I should get it Tuesday.

I would recommend any of SPIGEN's products, whether it be the Slim Armor, Tough Armor, Neo Hybrid, or any of their glass screen shields.

5. yungskeeme thread starter macrumors regular

yungskeeme

Oops. Wrong case. I was looking at the Ringke case but I saw reviews about what you were talking about. I got this one by Spigen. Comes with a screen protector and 2 templates to put in the back of case. Dont think i'll use them since i want to show off my gold back

http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-Releas...d=1379781458&sr=8-4&keywords=spigen+iphone+5s

6. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

I'm waiting on the gold iPhone 5s.

I already purchased the Avivo Rail + Visor in the matted black. I like the visor because it's tinted, but you can still see the back of the iPhone. I also like the option of going straight bumper without the back protector. $20 after coupon.

I also like to have a cheaper beat'em-up case, so I bought the Magpul Field Case in dark blue.

I'll also probably get the Armpocket for running, as well.

I'm a sucker for cases, which is one of the +/- of being on the "S" cycle of getting new iPhones. There's always a ton of options for cases and accessories already for the iPhone 5, by the time the iPhone 5s comes out I end up buying an excessive amount of cases. :)

7. redshadow macrumors member

I don't understand these phone cases.

That "case" offers little to no protection to what is arguably the most vulnerable part of the phone (the screen.), and seems to simply accomplish the goal of obscuring the apple logo.

I don't understand what you accomplish by covering up the aluminum portion of the phone, while simultaneously neglecting to do anything about the front bezel

8. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Two Apple lather cases that were mistakenly labeled with the plastic 5c's case price label. So... I got a black and red for $29.99 each. After they rung me up they took all the cases away and put the correct pricing on them.

Saved $20. :D

9. yungskeeme thread starter macrumors regular

yungskeeme

Well on the front would be a screen protector and the case has a "lip" to provide a little protection to the front.

10. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I got the black apple leather case.

I've been pocketing the iPhone more so I think I'm done.

A part of me wants the seido surface with kickstand and holster again.

11. fraktur macrumors member

Picked up a Leverage i5 for mine, I've got one on my 4 and love it. The addition of the volume rocker on the i5 model is a nice plus.

[​IMG]
    (not my picture)

12. Blau macrumors member

I ordered a Moshi Clear iGlaze Slim case and a MIME Feather Glass screen protector :)

13. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Surely, you can't be this close-minded. Some people don't need defender-like protection and want a case that keeps the slim form of the phone while offering scratch-protection to the aluminum casing.

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I thought any cases designed for the 5 wouldn't fit the flash on the 5s properly. Is this true? I want a simple 5s deigned case with a fold out Stand. Google just shows me one made for both models.

15. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Not all cases. Just look at the camera cut-out. Some cases have a cutout that narrows toward the flash. Obviously a no-go. Others have a wide cut-out in general. Just look at the pictures and keep your receipt.

16. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Good advice, will do and thanks.

17. jordanogrady macrumors 6502

this looks great!

Cant find a UK supplier tho, and $31 delivery is alot!

18. redshadow macrumors member

I've heard close minded used to describe a lot of things...but arguing the merits of a piece of plastic?

Lol.

Cases like that still do nothing for the front of your phone, and still won't protect it from any drop that causes the phone to take a tumble.

To each their own

19. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

Any examples of worthwhile cases?

20. Woob macrumors newbie

Whose got an alternative to the Spigen Tough Armor? Want something durable yet thin.

21. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Spigen Slim Armor S

or

Spigen Neo Hybrid (the case, not the bumper)

22. Ruckus12 macrumors member

I'm looking for a minimal bumper/case with clear back that would work with the bodygaurdz pure glass screen protector, anyone have any experience with that glass screen guard with like maybe the

spigen ultra hybrid?
    http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-Releas...QE/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1379890461&sr=8-10

or maybe the ultra thin from spigen
    http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-SGP-SG...M4/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1379890564&sr=8-16

there are other similar cases on amazon but i don't want to get one that might bubble the edges of the bodygaurdz, any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

23. richard371 macrumors 68000

It works and looks perfect with the black Trunket wooden back. The problem is the matte on the leverage will start peel off after a few days making it look tacky. They sent me a free replacement and same thing so they are sitting in a box now.

24. redshadow macrumors member

I'm still shopping, but my first starting point is anything that at least covers some of the bezel of the phone.

And you're right. I agree that we don't need "defender" type protection on our phones.

My shopping list starts with cases like this:

http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F8W153
    http://store.griffintechnology.com/iphone/iphone-5/reveal-for-iphone-5
    http://www.yourpoetic.com/p/327/atmosphere-iphone-5-case-clear-smokegrey

I like preserving the slim form factor too, but if I'm spending money on a case, I need to feel like it adds something to the phone in the event that I should drop it. But even looking at some of those, I'm not a fan of colored accents, so I might find myself just going with a Luvvitt.

Or hell. I might just leave the phone naked. My Galaxy Note 2 is still in mint condition.