Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lorax3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Lots of new MBP purchasers around here. What do you carry your MBP IN or WITH?

Bag type
Case/Sleeve
Cables
Other Peripherals
Etc

So far I'm using a neoprene sleeve in a standard backpack for carry. Keep a magic mouse, 2ft ethernet cable, and a 5ft firewire 800. Never know when you will need to help another Mac user out. Had a small STM bag for a previous MB, but looking at getting something with more pockets.

Last edited:

c1phr

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
Right now, for me:

Neoprene Sleeve (in some type of other backpack) or Case
USB Flash Drive (min 4gb)
Sometimes my external HDD (USB 3.0 750gb)
Mouse/Mousepad (Either my Death Adder or one of my crappy portable mice)
Charger and Display Adapter if I think I'll need it
A pen (yes, never know when you need to revert to that form of communication)

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Timbuk2 Blogger the best messenger bag without added weight
Tucano Second Skin with the MB logo.
I want to get the cable bag for it, but for now I'll use my Shienheiser bag to carry the cable cords.
Shure SE315 earphones and case
Sony headphones for others to uses
IKlear cleaner and cloth
pens
notebooks
hand sanitizer

lorax3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Anyone use a Booq Bag? The 13" messenger bags look rather appealing.

media.nl

macgeek18

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2009
Northern California
MacBook ( I keep my MacBook in a speck case out and about and have that in a neopreme case.)
MacBook magsafe
16GB flash drive and 8GB flash drive
Lenovo Thinkpad, (If I need Adobe that day at school)
Thinkpad charger
glasses
wireless mouse.

vnle

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
Maryland
Booq Boa Squeeze Bag
Nothing since ^ bag has a pretty good laptop slot though considering the speck hardcase
ipod/iphone cable; magsafe charger; usb cable; bose headphones
500 gb media passport; 4 gb usb drive; notebook/pen;

thinkinblue613

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2010
Planet Earth
Any more bag recommendations?

Timbuk2 has a real nice line up for those... I got this one and I love it. It's called the Command. I use it for school and it's the best bag I've ever had... The thing that sold me about this particular bag is that its made with the same material they make bomb suits with and it has the TSA friendly zipper where you don't need to take your laptop out at airport security. I can put a good 20-32oz sports water bottle in the medium size. And something unique for me is that it has an easy access pocket perfect for keys, passport, wallet or map when traveling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTWeDanhwhQ <-- review on Timbuk2 Command, I love this bag.

Here's my rig. It's a lot but this bag has potential. Just remember you have to organize it to fit well, and be realistic. I wouldn't recommend stuffing it, it can easily get bloated. I managed to put all of these things without making my bag too bloated or making the zippers too tight to close. And in some parts, I still have space for more stuff.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99006198@N00/5478428046/ <-- all the stuff I bring to class... this is NOT including my laptop and water bottle.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99006198@N00/5477831113/in/photostream/ <-- open view. The case adds a few millimeters, maybe 1-3 and makes it more comfortable.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99006198@N00/5477831267/in/photostream/ <-- backside... you can still see the apple logo when its on.

I have my MBP with a Speck Satin case, it's very comfortable, keeps the aluminum from getting scratched and is stable since it has non-slip pads on the corners. One thing you'll notice is that it saves your wrists from the "sharp" edge by adding a softer rim. For the few weeks of usage, I've seen large nasty scratch marks on it already and it will help keep the resale value higher. Lastly, the case has a "matte" look and its very slick, modern and compliments an already beautiful machine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99006198@N00/5477831399/in/photostream/ <--- got this for $0.01 at Amazon.

And to add even more protection (I care about my investments), I have a Silicone keyboard cover. It's comfortable and keeps the noise level down when typing essays. I noticed it prevents more heat from touching my hands. Very important if you are always touching your laptop. I've also seen a lot of crumbs or small debris land on it and keep it from flying in between the keys. This also helps keep resale value high.

I dislike the "clammy" hands and looking at my MBP and seeing my dirty paw marks all over them. I hope I'm not overkill, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.. I'm a college student and I can't afford being careless since I bring the laptop with me everywhere I go. It has to withstand the stress from walking, running late to class, sitting on the side, upside down, flat on a table, in my messenger bag with all my gear on top of it and the occasional drop or fall. It's always a good idea to protect your stuff. A wise man once told me, if you take care of it.. It will take care of you.

And if I don't need my bag, I have a sleeve from CaseLogic which has a cool external pouch where I can put my USB drives, cloths or charger in.

Last edited:

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
nothing ... I even leave the Magsafe at home ... I usually don't use it more than 5 hours while out and about :cool:

T34418leONE

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2010
I use a black Targus laptop bag that is also my school bag.

-Speck Case attached to my MBP
-120GB External with music and photo backups
-Screen cleaner
-Sync cables
-Two chargers since I keep forgetting to leave the spare at my girlfriends place.
* DVI -> HDMI cable, y-audio cables, USB external sound card all in the mail to connect to TV's.
-Pen/Pencil lol

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Timbuktu sleeve
Dell BT mouse
Targus Multi USB hub with mini USB plug
External HD
Several flash drives
Targus presenter

MacAlpha

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2008
Great White North
Booq Cobra Case
No Sleeve unless I am taking my 11' Air and then I have an Incase neoprene sleeve because the Air doesn't fit well in the slot in the Booq bag
Cables - Ethernet, VGA-Displayport converter, ipod charger cable
Other - Magic Mouse, Airport Express, 8GB USB key, headphones, small USB charger plug

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
Quirky PowerCurl
Radtech Screensavr
iSkin keyboard cover (love this)
Incase sleeve

I don't really carry much besides that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.