What Adaptor Is This?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kevb8ll, May 6, 2014.

  1. kevb8ll macrumors newbie

    Apr 11, 2014
    Hi guys

    Which adaptor do I need to buy to allow me to run a projector?

    I have attached an image of the display port, but there seems to be a couple of different types and I want to ensure I get the right one.





    Sorry that its a bit blurry!
  2. joe-h2o, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014

    joe-h2o macrumors 6502a

    Jun 24, 2012
    That is the a mini-display port, which is mechanically identical to the Thunderbolt port (as used in later Mac - I see you have an older one there).

    The adapter you need will depend on what the projector accepts, but it is going to be mini-displayport to (HDMI/DVI/VGA)

    For example, the mDP > VGA is here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...displayport+to+vga&sprefix=minidispla,aps,180

    But you'll want to get the adapter that matches your projector. It will always be mini-displayport on the Mac side though.
  3. kevb8ll thread starter macrumors newbie

    Apr 11, 2014
    Ahh thanks Joe that's great.

    Just recently moved to MAC after getting a re-con Macbook Pro. Still getting my head around it all lol.
  4. ecschwarz macrumors 65816


    Jun 28, 2010
    I've had good luck with Monoprice's adapters - they're cheap and I grabbed one of everything I'd come across just to have on hand (HDMI, DVI, VGA) - about a year ago, the VGA one caused problems with the 2012 13" MacBook Pros (would cause a blue tint over the screen and a hard freeze), but it seems that Apple fixed things on their end (I just tried it a few seconds ago).

  5. MyiBill macrumors 6502

    Feb 8, 2012

Share This Page