What aftermarket batteries work best for the iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by abuthemagician, Jan 12, 2010.

1. abuthemagician macrumors newbie

I need to replace my battery in my iPhone 3G, and am thinking of buying an eforicty battery, but I also see the 1600mah ones and think I might get one of those. I have yet to see a post where someone installed a 1600mah battery, then came back and reported on quality.

Does anyone have a greater than 1150mah battery installed in their 3G? If so how does it perform and where did you get it? I am willing to put it in myself.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

4. abuthemagician thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice on external batteries, but my internal one barely holds a charge and needs replacing. Plus I made an external one using my car charger, a 12v power port (kit to add another cig lighter port to a car), 8 AA battery holder with 9v type snaps, some wire and a cable to plug into the 9v snaps. The 8 AA batteries = 12v, And using Energizer ultimate lithiums, I get at least 30 hours at a constant 1000ma according to the batteries spec sheet. I have been using it off and on since September, and it still has plenty of juice left.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'm using a 2200mha external from monoprice. Comes in handy, well worth the $15.

6. abuthemagician thread starter macrumors newbie

I was really hoping to hear from some folks who have replaced the battery themselves, and how it is holding up... will just have to bite the bullet and get one and try it...

7. bengtc macrumors regular

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

9. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I have this so far and it works flawlessly, I highly recommend it. The investment for a durable battery is worth it.

10. Bob77 macrumors newbie

I am using this replacement battery for my iPhone 3G. The one is a non-OEM generic product, but very compatible with original battery and charger devices. You can try! Good Luck!;)

11. abuthemagician thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I will keep them in mind when I kill the one I just got from iFixit. They have a 6month warranty on the battery, and right now it is critical I have my phone working at all times.

12. celavi5 macrumors newbie

What's the verdict?

Hello abuthemagician,

You had asked for anyone else's experience with a replacement battery higher than 1150mah.... but I see there wasn't the response you were hoping for.

It sounded like you were going to make the purchase anyway.

Can you share your experience for the rest of us who are still looking for the same answer to your original question?

Thanks