What all is required in order to pre-order online from Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vaultwit, Sep 10, 2014.

1. vaultwit macrumors regular

I have never pre-ordered online from Apple, and plan to do it for the first time on the 12th. Can those who have done this in the past tell me what all is required in order to succesfully place a pre-order? I am not the primary account older for my account, so do I need that person with me? Thanks!

2. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

You would need the primary account holders' account details, credit/debit card and have it shipped to the account holders' address.

3. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

I'm planning to do the store pick-up option, so hopefully the primary account holder's shipping address won't be relevant...

I can use any credit card, right? Not necessarily the primary account holder's credit card?

I am an authorized user on the account, so I have access to all the account details (account number, etc).

So I assume the only other thing I need is the primary account holder's last 4 SSN?

4. xcrunner macrumors regular

I'm confused on this as well. I am an authorized user on the account...with AT&T can I still only ship to my mother's billing address? Meaning, if I want it at work I need to change the billing address to my work address?