Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sugarray3000

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Hey guys. I have read the manual at apple.com but when I want to installe win 7 in bootcam assisten the Mac turns down and starts op and after the startup sound it starts installing win7. Isn't it ment to install while I'm logged in in osx and NOT after the startup sound? Hope you can help!

Sugarray

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Hey guys. I have read the manual at apple.com but when I want to installe win 7 in bootcam assisten the Mac turns down and starts op and after the startup sound it starts installing win7. Isn't it ment to install while I'm logged in in osx and NOT after the startup sound? Hope you can help!

Sugarray

No, bootcamp will install windows natively, not through OSX. It's working the way it should.

WildGuess

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2010
After bootcamp partitions your drive it asks you to install a Windows disc. From then on you're in a Windows environment, no longer in OS 10. After installing Windows, eject the disc and put your Snow Leopard installer disc in to install some starter drivers.

sugarray3000

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2009
Thanks guys! So I should just have continued the install..?? Just got afraid because it started up again and went directly to a win installation... I'll try again. Have a fantastic Sunday !!!

Sugarray

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.