What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacDryCleaner, Jun 14, 2011.

1. MacDryCleaner macrumors regular

Hi All -

When I purchase an app on my iphone it automatically downloads to my itunes on my mac as advertised.

However, on my ipad the apps never appear. Yes, I have my Store settings set correctly to download music, apps and books on my ipad but still ... nothing.

Anybody else? Anyone know why this would not be happening?

Thanks

2. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

3. seajay96 macrumors 6502

Are you on WiFi? Or, do you have Cellular enabled in the store settings?

4. MacDryCleaner thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting .... they ARE iPhone apps. I guess I thought they would just show up given that an iPad can run an iPhone app.

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

That's it. I just grabbed an iPhone app in iTunes and it didn't sync to my iPad. Like you said, it's kind of weird since the iPad can run it just fine.

6. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Just go to App Store on iPad and download same app. If you purchased it on iPhone, and use same Apple ID on iPad, you should be able to install it for free on iPad.

7. GabooN macrumors regular

My issue with the feature right now is that when I download an app onto my iPhone 3GS, it immediately downloads on my Mac first, leaving my iPhone waiting for some reason. With smaller apps it is all quick, but I bought a few that were a few hundred mb and I was left waiting to use it on my phone.

This is all over wifi.

8. taipan61 macrumors 6502

is this something to do with the new iTunes update?

9. MacDryCleaner thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, interesting. So, my next step will be to purchase a universal app and try it out and see the dual downloading.

Interesting comments after your post from other users experiencing faster itunes downloads from apps they are purchasing on their iphones. I have noticed too that when I purchase something on iphone or ipad that the app loads immediately and faster to itunes than it does to my device. Interesting.

10. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Just tested a universal app from the iPhone section in iTunes and it did start loading on to the iPad. Seems that just iPhone apps won't sync even though they are compatible with the iPad.

11. RayK macrumors 6502

Right it will only sync universal apps automatically. Sadly...

12. Mr.C macrumors 601

Don't think so. I've downloaded a number of iPhone only apps on my Mac Mini and every time when I synced the iPad they were added to that too automatically without me doing anything.

13. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

That's because you have "automatically sync new apps" checked. We are referring to the automatic download of apps from a PC/Mac to an iPad/iPhone. If you enable automatic downloads, when you purchase an app in iTunes on a computer, iTunes automagically sends it to your iOS devices.