What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by teacherteachher, Nov 12, 2011.

1. teacherteachher macrumors newbie

I have now gone through 4 Macs (tower, MacBook, iBook, and iMac), and none have lived longer than 3 years.

What am I doing wrong?

I am not bashing Macs; when I was on Windows I would reinstall the OS every year or so.

Hence, are my expectations incommensurate with technological reality or is this spate of bad luck with my Mac hardware within normal operational parameters?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I've had multiple Macs and all of them have lasted longer than 3 years. Shrug.

3. Djay1 macrumors member

The 2 laptops can be understood. The Tower and the iMac are more surprising.
    I've had four to date beginning with a 1984 era Apple IIc. All four are still operational. No laptops amongst the group. All the laptops were PC based. Granted on the G5 1.8 Tower I've updated the hard drives and jockeyed memory, etc. Been fortunate for some reason.

So many variables. Hard to say. Try giving your next one a name and a tickle now and then. :eek:

4. brentsg macrumors 68040

Apple II+, Apple IIe, various Powerbooks, Macbook Pros, Mac Pros...

So far I've lost 1 hard drive, and that was on a 5 year old Powerbook.

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Only you can answer that question.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Keep The Junk Out

By running disk utility or Onyx from time to time.....You don't say what your others actually died of HDD? RAM? I fully expect this iMac, my latest to last me out.

I specced up...I7 16GB RAM 2GB graphics....It flies. Also Apple do recommend that you leave your machine on, thus allowing it to run scripts etc.