What am I doing wrong

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hey-moe, Jan 9, 2009.

1. hey-moe macrumors newbie

I brought my wife one of these Itouch for a Christmas gift. She brought some songs and it shows in the purchased area. It also shows it was paid for by PayPal. I have been unable to get it to sync to her Itouch. Can anyone point me in the right direction....thanks, Mike

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You can't drag-and-drop. You have to sync from the Music menu with the iPod touch selected. Choose your entire library or from any or all playlists you might have.

3. hey-moe thread starter macrumors newbie

Bear with us a little bit....we are in our late fifties....lol. What she did was was select the buy button,paid for it and then hooked up the Itouch to the laptop, it synced but the song doesn't show up on the Itouch anywhere.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yep. You have to highlight the iPod touch in the left column and then click the Music tab. Then you have to check one or more of the boxes to get the music to sync.

I'll post a screenshot, hang on.

Here you go! Click the picture to make it bigger.

5. hey-moe thread starter macrumors newbie

I feel like a total dummy.I still don't understand.I have all boxes on her Itouch checked. Is there something I am not doing right or don't have something set up right at the Apple site.

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

does the purchased music show up under 'purchased' in iTunes? Maybe there was a problem with the download?

7. hey-moe thread starter macrumors newbie

It doesn't show up in the purchase folder on the Itouch but it shows up in the purchased area in the history in her account.

8. beeh macrumors regular

I don't think that's entirely true, depending on what you mean by drag and drop. I have iTunes setup to let me manually manage songs/ipods/whatever it's called and that's the only way I can get music to the Touch. It's drag and drop from within iTunes, but it's still drag and drop.

I'd find the song in your iTunes library ( from within iTunes ), then drag it to your Touch ( as it is shown in iTunes ). Don't try to drag and drop from outside of iTunes ( don't use Finder or Windows Explorer ).

9. hey-moe thread starter macrumors newbie

Something else I have noticed. When I go into download history at the Itune site and select report a problem it will not let me to that. It says in another area that if the download didn't do through you can select the report ...that part doesn't work. Right now I am uninstalling Itunes and them reinstalling...maybe something might come up....Mike