What am I in for?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Morod, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Hi everyone,
    I am a verified "old guy", who has never owned any kind of iPod or iPod imitator. In the next month or so I will be buying an iPod Touch, mostly to use a digital photo album that's portable to carry when visiting family members. I have an iMac. Is it as easy as connecting via USB to transfer my photos and music from the iMac to the iPod? I also have .Mac so iCal and other apps will be able to sync from the iMac to the iPod. I'm just not sure about the sharing of photos/music. Thanks for the help,
    Morod

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Yes, it transfers easily from your iMac to your iPod Touch. In fact you don't actually need .mac to do the transfer. Later, however, when your .mac subscription is upgraded to mobileMe, you'll be able to automatically update your photos even when not at your computer.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Your photos are in iPhoto? If that's the case, it's as easy as checking a box in iTunes, either to sync your entire photo collection, or just one album, or anything in between.

When you connect the iPod, iTunes will open a window with that iPod's preferences. Here you can control the syncing of photos, music, calendars, contacts, etc.

It's very simple and straightforward. :)

4. Morod thread starter macrumors 68000

Morod

Thank you for the help. Sorry for not elaborating earlier, but my photos are indeed in iPhoto and my music is in iTunes.
    Glad to hear it's going to be easy, but then we are talking about Apple products, so I should've known...
    Again, thanks! :)
    Morod