What am I missing here?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Scobar, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Puonti macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but at my end it's $100 off ($1,499 once you add it into your cart). So you might or might not be missing that.

What's unclear is why Best Buy is quoting the 1.8Ghz i7 CPU with a 1.7Ghz i5 price.

2. Scobar thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I guess that's what I don't understand. Seems like a good deal, no?

3. tamu macrumors newbie

4. Puonti macrumors 6502a

I'd double-check with BB before placing an order. Sure, they can't charge your CC for $1,599 (the actual price with an i7 and a $100 discount) if their checkout says $1,499, but you'll still be disappointed if you receive an i5 instead of i7 and BB claims they made an honest mistake.

5. Scobar thread starter macrumors newbie

6. LordVic macrumors 601

the interesting thing isn't the misquotes, but that they're starting to put some discounts to the 2011 model MBA's.

Wonder if they've had directive to clean em out for the ivy bridge parts to come soon
    :eek:

7. jmoore5196 macrumors 6502a

jmoore5196

I've had my eye on this for the past week or so.

The problem is that it's only available for order online or via their "Ship to Store," and every location I've checked reports none in stock.

I wish I could say I trust Best Buy enough to believe they'd ship the i7 instead of the i5, but I don't. There's always the option to return the MBA if it isn't the Z0ME model, but I frankly don't want to spend the hours required.

8. jgc macrumors regular

Just FYI, Future Shop and Best Buy in Canada have had specials on all Mac laptops for over a month (ended recently). I think it may have a bit to do with new laptops on their way sooner or later, but I feel that it also indicates that they had excessive stock they wanted to move. They took the discount off and I suspect it means they're at a reasonable level now.

Can't wait to buy my first Mac!