What am I waiting for?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by msmperc, Sep 20, 2012.

  1. msmperc macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2012
    #1
    Hey all,

    Forgive the long-winded post; I promise it's a quick read.

    I just ordered my new rMBP about a week ago and it is scheduled to arrive here in Texas on Monday. I had been holding out since the initial launch as it seemed a lot of people were unhappy with the display, unhappy with the inability to service it themselves, etc. etc. I didn't quite know what I was waiting for, but seeing as I'm still using a pre-unibody MBP from mid-2008 (which I recently overhauled with a new logic board, fans, SSD, etc.), I decided it was time for an upgrade (I do a lot of recording and music production and I've been needing to upgrade for a while).

    As luck would have it, the day after I ordered, the Front Page article about "rMBP users still unhappy with their displays" gets posted, along with numerous comments "This is why you don't buy Rev. A Apple products" etc. etc. While I desperately need a new computer, I am not interested in spending 3K on a machine that is going to be laden with "new product" issues only to have a "Rev. B" model come out in a few months with all of the initial launch tech difficulties worked out.

    So, to the point, what is the likelihood that all these initial Retina issues will be resolved in the second go around? I don't mind jumping on the bandwagon early so long as I'm jumping on to technology that is designed and works as intended. Anyone have a guess as to when the second release might happen? I've already noticed OWC is working on an aftermarket SSD replacement (which is part of the reason I went with the base model and maxed the processor and RAM [not to mention I really only need 256 GB of onboard storage anyway]).

    Basically my new machine is supposed to get here Monday and I'm not averse to driving straight to my Apple store and returning it so long as there is a reason for me doing so. What would you guys do? Just looking for advice. Thanks in advance!
     
  2. andymac2210 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2011
    #2
    I bought the non-retina 15" MBP - problem solved.
     
  3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

    Dark Void

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2011
    Location:
    Cimmerian End
    #3
    Get the laptop and if it has problems then return it.
     

Share This Page