What Amount of Backlight Bleeding is Acceptable to You?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fruitycups, Mar 18, 2012.

1. fruitycups macrumors 6502

Thread title. Just curious on what the general consensus is regarding the amount of backlight bleeding that makes it unacceptable.

2. LanEvo macrumors 6502

If it is a few spots that are very minimal, then it is fine.

3. DS3 macrumors 6502a

If I can only notice it with a black screen and high brightness.

4. fruitycups thread starter macrumors 6502

Just asking cause I have 6 small spots on one side but its unnoticeable unless your on a black screen.

have to decide whether to gamble and live with it.

but then again, 6 is quite number of them.

5. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like its not really too bad, you could easily get a worse one. I'd use it for a couple weeks (whatever your stores exchange policy) and if it does bother you return it because hey its an expensive device. But its mere existence, eh....

6. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I found a spot underneath the top power button today, but only when I hold it at that extreme angle you see in everyone else's pics. Checked my iPad 2 and it has no light leak. Hubby's iPad 2 has mild light leak, but he's had it a year and never noticed it until today.

As long as I can watch a movie (letterbox) in a dark room and not see light coming out of that corner, I'll keep this iPad. It has no dead pixels and good, even brightness, so I'd rather have that than a corner of light that I don't notice except at sharp viewing angles I won't use.

7. interfreak macrumors regular

interfreak

To me, it becomes unacceptable if it bothers me watching movies on the iPad (which I hardly ever do).

Luckily, my iPad has no backlight bleeding issues anyway.

8. Jessemtz25 macrumors regular

Jessemtz25

9. LanEvo macrumors 6502

Mine has 4, I'll post a pic when I get home tonight.

10. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Haven't noticed any on mine in normal use - can't say that I spend much time staring at an all black screen with the brightness all the way up.

11. It'sMyPrecious macrumors regular

Ah, I just discovered mine has backlight bleeding--about a 1" line at the top left. Only noticeable if I turn it on to full brightness and look at it at at angle. I don't know, I normally am a perfectionist, so I'm a little :( that my iPad isn't perfect, but oh well, it's not like I stare at it everyday at that angle with full brightness.