What an anti-climax: G-spot is a myth.

Prof.

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago

A sexual quest that has for years baffled millions of women — and men — may have been in vain. A study by British scientists has found that the mysterious G-spot, the sexual pleasure zone said to be possessed by some women but denied to others, may not exist at all.

The scientists at King’s College London who carried out the study claim there is no evidence for the existence of the G-spot — supposedly a cluster of internal nerve endings — outside the imagination of women influenced by magazines and sex therapists. They reached their conclusions after a survey of more than 1,800 British women.

“Women may argue that having a G-spot is due to diet or exercise, but in fact it is virtually impossible to find real traits,” said Tim Spector, professor of genetic epidemiology, who co-authored the research. “This is by far the biggest study ever carried out and it shows fairly conclusively that the idea of a G-spot is subjective.”
LINK

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
LOL. And you care about this because?....

Anyway, all women are different. No matter if some scientist concludes it exists or not, it will always be fun to try and find. :p

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
A survey done in a sexually repressed country...what were they expecting to find.

XnavxeMiyyep

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2003
Washington
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article6973971.ece said:
“The biggest problem with their findings is that twins don’t generally have the same sexual partner,” said Whipple.
This is exactly what I thought when reading up until that point.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article6973971.ece said:
Meanwhile, David Matlock, a Beverly Hills cosmetic surgeon, is credited with creating an artificial version of the G-spot. In some cases this has resulted in an over-sensitive zone which induces orgasms when, for example, women drive over bumps in the road.
Do they make a version for men?:D

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

For British men, the G-spot ranks up there with the toothbrush on their list of 'myths'. :p

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
Just because British men couldn't find it, doesn't mean real men can't. ;)
hahaha, we could start a whole new debate on this....

I don't think it's a myth, I just think some women are more sensitive in certain areas than others.

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

For British men, the G-spot ranks up there with the toothbrush on their list of 'myths'. :p
Reminds me of a Harry Enfield (Cholmondley Warner) skit:

"Has the train entered Paddington?"

"No, its in Colchester."

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
If a particular position or angle of entry works then it works why feel the need to label it?

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
A study by British scientists has found that the mysterious G-spot, the sexual pleasure zone said to be possessed by some women but denied to others, may not exist at all.
I don't believe this a bit... issue is Brit scientists are evidently looking in wrong spot... any woman will orgasm excitedly and at length with a balance on their VISA card... found this out myself...

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I'm betting the guys who claim existence of a G spot tend to be on the smaller side. "Who needs a penis when she's got a G spot?!" sort of a thing. Makes'em feel better by 'leveling the playing field' as it were...

Abstract Clever use of the edit feature, my friend. ;)