What an improvement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darwing, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Darwing macrumors 6502

okay,

I had the 3gs and upgraded to the 4s, but the battery was basically the same or worse than my 3gs, so I got a battery case... then I returned the 4s and they gave me a new one... the battery was basically the same... then upgraded to 5.01 and seriously...

IM IN SHOCK!!! the battery is so incredible its unbelievable... I tried all day to drain it so I could recharge it fully and had it left on max brightness streaming music for hours and it was barely making a dent in the battery! it got to the point where I had to take it with me.. this thing has the most incredible battery life Ive ever seen now...

Some are still complaining but Ive noticed the WORLD of differences in my battery life since the update

2. Darwing thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Mutinygraphiks macrumors regular

Mutinygraphiks

no because there is like 9 threads with different thoughts about this.

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I figuratively agree with you, but not literally.

5. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

apple is good advertising , dont believe what you see ,

take a look on youtube iphone 4s introduce , there's no show about battery improve , they don't talk about it , when new iphone has battery improve they make a short talk about it ,

6. stickybuns macrumors 6502

You think you're impressed going from a 3GS to a 4S?! My previous phone was a no thrills dumb phone with an 8 hour battery life while on standby! I always kept it turned off (only used it in case of emergency).
    Before the iOS update, I was getting about half the advertised battery life and thought it was awesome. So, yup, I couldn't agree with you more that seeing the battery work to its true potential is fantastic.

7. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Dang it! I wanted to post this comment. :)

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its weird that some have no improvement or actually got worst battery and others noticed a great improvement.
    I dont know what to think.
    So its a hit or miss thing?

9. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

My battery also has increased in its lifetime.

10. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Don't feel too bad...people are probably busy draining their battery life as well :eek:

11. stickybuns macrumors 6502

Maybe something went wrong during the installation process? Or perhaps a change in usage? I was really surprised to learn that 3G web surfing uses a huge amount of battery life during normal operation.