Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darwing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
okay,

I had the 3gs and upgraded to the 4s, but the battery was basically the same or worse than my 3gs, so I got a battery case... then I returned the 4s and they gave me a new one... the battery was basically the same... then upgraded to 5.01 and seriously...

IM IN SHOCK!!! the battery is so incredible its unbelievable... I tried all day to drain it so I could recharge it fully and had it left on max brightness streaming music for hours and it was barely making a dent in the battery! it got to the point where I had to take it with me.. this thing has the most incredible battery life Ive ever seen now...

Some are still complaining but Ive noticed the WORLD of differences in my battery life since the update

iphone4s16gb

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
okay,

I had the 3gs and upgraded to the 4s, but the battery was basically the same or worse than my 3gs, so I got a battery case... then I returned the 4s and they gave me a new one... the battery was basically the same... then upgraded to 5.01 and seriously...

IM IN SHOCK!!! the battery is so incredible its unbelievable... I tried all day to drain it so I could recharge it fully and had it left on max brightness streaming music for hours and it was barely making a dent in the battery! it got to the point where I had to take it with me.. this thing has the most incredible battery life Ive ever seen now...

Some are still complaining but Ive noticed the WORLD of differences in my battery life since the update

apple is good advertising , dont believe what you see ,

take a look on youtube iphone 4s introduce , there's no show about battery improve , they don't talk about it , when new iphone has battery improve they make a short talk about it ,

stickybuns

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
You think you're impressed going from a 3GS to a 4S?! My previous phone was a no thrills dumb phone with an 8 hour battery life while on standby! I always kept it turned off (only used it in case of emergency).
Before the iOS update, I was getting about half the advertised battery life and thought it was awesome. So, yup, I couldn't agree with you more that seeing the battery work to its true potential is fantastic.

stickybuns

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2011
Its weird that some have no improvement or actually got worst battery and others noticed a great improvement.
I dont know what to think.
So its a hit or miss thing?

Maybe something went wrong during the installation process? Or perhaps a change in usage? I was really surprised to learn that 3G web surfing uses a huge amount of battery life during normal operation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.