What app do you miss most?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ranguvar, Dec 7, 2009.

1. ranguvar macrumors 6502

Hi,

for the last half year or so, I've been learning Cocoa. Now, I believe it's time for me to write an actual application. The problem is, I don't know what to program!

Then I thought: Some people out there might want an app that does not exist yet, so I could try and develop that app.

So: Please tell me about an app that you miss, and that you would like to have, and describe it for me.
    I will then pick one and try and program that application.

(P.S.: Please keep in mind that I'm a single indie part-time developer, so please don't post something like 'A better Photoshop' or 'An improved version of Cinema 4D'.)

2. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

Could you do something like this?

http://www.hquotes.com/tradehard/simulator.html

Or something similar, that given parameters for a normal/standard normal distribution, could return a graph of expected return?

E.g. say that I have an investment that returns on average 2% a month, with a standard deviation of 1.8%. Could you write something that would graph expected return of the investment over time, taking into account the randomness (like the first example)?

3. linuxidiot macrumors member

So far I am missing dbPoweramp and Tag&Rename

I have MediaRage, however it seems overcrowded with all the options and works very different