Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cutcopypaste

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
Thought it'd be neat to see what people would most want in an iphone app of any sort or variety.

(i also have a school project where we're supposed to design an app and i'm looking for a little inspiration)

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
An office suite where no data goes on a third party server. Even as a happy iphone user, I still kind of view the device as a child's toy catering to games and glorified browser applications.

gadgetdad

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
On my iPhone
POS machine. It would be cool to never have to carry your debit/credit card. The clerk runs up a sale as normal. But instead of you swiping your card in the machine on the counter, it comes up on the iPhone and asks you to verify the transaction, enter your pin number and it processes and approves the sale.

You know its just a matter of time.

Apple iKid

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2009
Colorado
POS machine. It would be cool to never have to carry your debit/credit card. The clerk runs up a sale as normal. But instead of you swiping your card in the machine on the counter, it comes up on the iPhone and asks you to verify the transaction, enter your pin number and it processes and approves the sale.

You know its just a matter of time.

That would be really cool! haha :D

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I'd like to see an app that will let you mix your music. The music from the iPod on the phone. Blend the songs like a DJ. I know this will have to wait for 3.0 though.

pinchez

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2006
I'm a multi drop delivery driver, When i turn up for work i'm given a load planner with 10 addresses on, presently i enter the address postcodes in to Autoroute on my netbook (which i take with me) and they show up as pins on the map and i am able to plan the best route from this.

All i need is a App that would allow me to enter postcodes into Maps and see them all at once and i wouldn't need to carry a netbook around with me.

I'm sure there would be allot of interest in a App like this

ozontheroad

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2006
the reef
Terminator 2 (ATM edition)

an app that allows the user to connect a credit card he can use at any ATM to receive free cash.... like in Terminator 2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.