What App for Cataloging Records?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GovtLawyer, Jul 12, 2009.

1. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

I have an iMac with iLife 09 and iWork 09. I have a collection of around 300 vinyl LP records. I'd like to list them in a chart, along with title, artist, date, and any other note(s) of importance. I'd then like to paste the list into an Ebay listing.

What program would you suggest I use? I would download a 3rd party program, if it were cheap, as this is a one time project. I thought BENTO might be good, but I can't find out what the trial version does or does not do.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Steven

2. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

Any Answers

I'm surprised no one has any suggestions. I think Bento or Delicious Library could do the cataloguing. What is important is that I be able to post the chart/table/lists to Ebay.

3. dws90 macrumors regular

I think the Bento trial version is fully-functional for 30 days, so you should be able to try it out and see. It can export to Numbers, Excel, and CSV, which in turn can export the list to whatever you need for eBay.

I haven't used Delicious Library, so I can't comment on that.

4. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

I'd just pop everything into Numbers. That might take awhile, but I think it would yield the best result.

5. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

What about Numbers would be better?

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you knew the answer why did you ask?

DL is my preference. I'm also selling a license. ;)

7. GovtLawyer thread starter macrumors 6502

Two Part Question

This was a two part question, so don't be snide. Of course, any database would allow me to make a catalogue. The most important part of my question was using the resulting table in EBay. DWS' answer about converting to Numbers and then into another form (WHICH ONE???) for Ebay, sounds reasonable; if it works.