What App for Mac to PC Forms?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Amigalander, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Amigalander macrumors regular

I'm tasked with creating a form for a doctor's use.

The form will be made on a Mac but filled out on a PC. It needs to have some basic text fields, patient name, date, treatment performed, and a place to insert an image (x-ray) of the patient.

I've created the basic form in Pages, then imported into Acrobat and added some basic text fields, but there seems to be some simple functionality missing in PDF forms. For example, there is no way to allow image insertions in a PDF form I believe? There is no way to insert text in a PDF form in the middle of existing text I believe?

I want the basic form to look like this, but without ugly blanks of course.

What software is best suited to make a form to be filled out on a PC? Thank you.

[​IMG]

2. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

What we use at my practice... is the built in reporting forms in Osirix... when we have done them... we upload them to a remote server.... where other people can get to them.... I can not really recommend this solution... but there is only 1-2 macs in my department... so well... it is a bit hit and miss...

I to be fair... would experiment with some flash forms.... but i'm sure that impax will have some functionality for you!!!

Attached Files:

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You believe incorrectly on both accounts. However, PDF is an extremely clumsy format for this application.

4. Amigalander thread starter macrumors regular

Very good to know, thank you. I suspect these would be done using Javascript, which is probably beyond my current capabilities. What non-clumsy alternative can you suggest?

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It appears that you are collecting data--both graphical and textual--for each patient. A custom database application or template is the way that you should go. FileMaker is powerful, easy-to-use, and cross-platform. It will do the trick. 4D (formerly 4th Dimension) is also powerful, easy-to-use, and cross-platform.