What app is making growl notification?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gianthobbit, Mar 10, 2011.

1. gianthobbit macrumors 6502

I have a TON of apps on my iMac and need to clean house. Occasionally I get growl notifications that I have no idea what app generated them. For example I just got a google voice one and could not find the app that could have generated it. Is there some log or something?

Thanks much!

2. gianthobbit thread starter macrumors 6502

I think I was unclear in my first post. I want (and love) growl, I just want to get better handle on which apps are doing what. This particular situation I want to have a log of what notifications happened and what App prompted it.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Well, if you go to System Preferences you can click the Growl icon listed with "Other"

From there you can click the Applications tab and see which ones you have set up to work with Growl

Maybe that will give you a start
    You can switch them on and off to see which does what

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Have you checked the Growl preference pane? It should list the apps that are using it:
    [​IMG]

5. gianthobbit thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tips everyone. To be honest I looking at that list I can't be certain what application did the growl. I will have to use the process of elimination I guess, just was hoping for a easy log to find out.