what app to use for wifi/internet tethering on an iphone 4 running iOS 5

Nawizo

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2009
I would love to use my iPhone for the internet on my laptop. I have found mywi 5 but i have to buy which just doesnt cut it for me. I admit it is a really good app and i like the options of tethering using bluetooth, USB and wifi. I would like to know if there is another application that is free, as good with as many options and is compatible iOS 5.

Last edited:

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
I would love to use my iPhone for the internet on my laptop. I have found mywi 5 but i have to buy which just doesnt cut it for me. I admit it is a really good app and i like the options of tethering using bluetooth, USB and wifi. I would like to know if there is another application that is free, as good with as many options and is compatible iOS 5. Or better yet does anyone have a cracked version of mywi 5.04.5
Strike the last sentence or you will not get any help on MacRumors!

declandio

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2009
London, UK
I would love to use my iPhone for the internet on my laptop. I have found mywi 5 but i have to buy which just doesnt cut it for me. I admit it is a really good app and i like the options of tethering using bluetooth, USB and wifi. I would like to know if there is another application that is free, as good with as many options and is compatible iOS 5.
You can do it easily without any 3rd party app, just spend a few minutes on Google. There are also threads on here that describe how to do it. It's easy.

heyyitzmelissa

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2012
Honestly, I think this is really low. AT&T charges $45 a month for 4GB and tethering. MyWi is a one-time fee of $20.

Nawizo

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2009
I must note that i use a GEVEY sim unlock and i am not in the US

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.