What app you use for music?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by cuzo, Oct 1, 2018.

1. cuzo macrumors 6502a

Transferring to your android and listening.

I kinda envy Itunes a bit for the wireless sync and the ease of transferring to the phone. On android I use powerapp but I gotta transfer to SD, then I gotta open powerappa and have it search for new albums since the last sync.

Nothing is wrong with it just a bit much for me, what do you guys use? maybe a better program than Powerapp.

2. decafjava macrumors 68030

decafjava

I heard Doubletwist is really good from friends with Androids and users online.

3. Tsepz macrumors 68030

Tsepz

I use Apple Music to sync music between my phone (Note8), iPad and laptop.

I am also trying out Spotify, as the Apple Music app is trash really. Both allow Downloading of the Music you want to play offline.

4. Venderious macrumors regular

Venderious

Using Apple Music to both sync local files and stream songs. The combo of both being able to listen to local files on my computer and stream songs works like a charm.

5. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Google Play Music. Whether you pay for the streaming service or not, Google allows you to upload your music library (100,000 songs?? Can't recall exactly) to be available for streaming or offline listening. Just load the helper app on your computer, point it at your music library and it'll upload it on the background. My music is now available for me across all of my devices.

6. cuzo thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm try samsung music, see how that works and I ditched poweramp.

7. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

8. pika2000 macrumors 601

I use (and paid for) Rocket player.
    http://www.jrtstudio.com/Music-Player-For-Android

It's one of the few (really few) players out there that can do shuffle-by-album, and also perfect gapless playback. The developer also provided an app called iSyncr to sync iTunes music to your Android.

9. bgro macrumors 65816

I’ve been dabbling in YouTube Music but one thing I hate is that subscribing to an artist to add them to your library adds the subscription to your regular YouTube account. Anyone know a way around this? Absolute dealbreaker for me..

10. dotzero123 macrumors regular

dotzero123

I just started using Apple Music and like it well enough. Probably wont keep it long for $9.99/month. Just wanted to try it. Wish it worked with Echo would be much more enjoyable. Apple Home is just too rediculous price wise for me to consider.

11. Russiaone macrumors 6502

Google Play Music.

I stick with it, because I love having ad free YouTube.

And if I ever develop an interest in original YouTube programming, I have that, too.

12. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

I use USB Audio Player Pro since it takes full advantage of my V30's DAC and has a decent interface.

13. Breaking Good macrumors 65816

This looks like a good solution, but it looks like it is ads based. Is there a way to get rid of the ads? I don’t mind paying to get rid of ads. But it looks like even the Premium version has ads.

Do you know much the cloud service costs?

14. pika2000 macrumors 601

I have paid version and it has no ads.
    Search for Rocket Player. The developer has multiple audio player apps.
    I don’t use the cloud service, so cannot comment on that.

15. Applemaniac7 Suspended

Lol, is this a genuine comment.. iTunes is malware as far as I'm concerned...

16. Breaking Good macrumors 65816

Why? I admit that iTunes is (in my opinion) a hot mess. But it is sadly the best music player I have found so far for my needs.

However, it does not meet all my needs. In fact it falls short of many of my needs. But it is for now the best I have found.

17. Michael Goff Suspended

Michael Goff

How is it malware? That seems really hyperbolic.

18. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

PowerAmp when listening to music I have on my Micro SD card and when I'm not using that, Pandora or Slacker but I like Pandora better.

19. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

20. max.ine macrumors regular

max.ine

I assume they’re talking about the Windows version. iTunes for Windows is awful, runs terribly, has trouble syncing with iPhone, and constantly nags you with updates plus Apple’s software updater. It also makes Apple’s updater run on startup by default without telling you, IIRC.

iTunes for macOS is wonderful (at least it was last I used it) and practically a different program entirely.