What Apple Needs...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bmustaf, Oct 1, 2007.

1. bmustaf macrumors regular

Is a swift kick in the ass from the marketplace. In light of recent QA issues and now some less-than-intelligent moves with the firmware (I understand the need to keep the carrier lock on due to contract with ATT, but 3rd party apps? Puh-lease...and I DO understand that they're totally legally entitled to do what they have with 1.1.1, but I think it's a dumb move from a marketing perspective).

I love what Apple has done with OS X, their industrial design, and their attention to most details -- but god, I am jonesing for an iPhone/iPod killer to come out and give Steve a run for his tyrannical money.

I want to see a touch-screen Zune 2 with an open development platform. Yeah, it might be an MS platform which I know would be less-than-reliable or stable, but Windows Mobile has done well in the marketplace. I want to see Windows Mobile devices play in the iPhone space more competitively.

That would go a long way in forcing Apple to listen to the market's demands rather than railroad us into the device they want us or think we should have.

2. Noumenon macrumors regular

I really wish they would release an sdk. I loved my Palm V and GNU C developement tools. I wouldn't really mind the interpreted javascript so much if the iPhone OS allowed saving of javascipt pages on the device, instead of loading off a web server. One or the other apple!