What application am I looking for?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by John89, Sep 22, 2010.

1. John89 macrumors regular

Basically I have many many PDF's I use for work. I would like to have them archived inside a windows application where I can view and search through them. I would also like to be able to attach various tags to these PDF's so I can search for specific things.

Cross platform is a bonus, although it's not the end of the world if it's not compatible with OSX.

Any ideas?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

On a Mac my mind was immediately bought to Yep/Papers and after a little bit of digging I found Mendeley for Windows. It looks like it might be up to the job and there is a Mac and iPhone version. As it is free there is no harm in trying it out.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I love Papers on the Mac/iOS, but Mendeley sounds neat. Will have to check it out.

B

4. vistadude macrumors 65816

I think there's a similar program to EndNote. Is it called Revtex or ref works or something similar?

5. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Evernote would probably fit the bill too, and it's cross platform and free(ish). Tagging is quite good and it will sync between the two machines via the cloud.

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

RevTeX is the LaTeX package used by the APS/AIP Physics journals so it isn't that. ;)

B

7. John89 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the help lads! I went for Evernote, dunno why I didn't think of it before!! Used it not long ago!! Haha just didn't click!

Just gotta make sure I stay within my monthly limit :(