What application does Apple use?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psychofreak, May 13, 2007.

1. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

In retail stores, there is an app that shows some clickable things in the centre of the desktop...which app is it?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

It's a custom, internal app they developed for their own use. I'm 99% sure it's never been released to the general public.

3. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

Really?! I'm sure I saw it floating around somewhere when I was too stingy to pay for shareware...

4. yagran macrumors 6502a

nar its not over flow that hese talking about. he measn the concierge and events button centre screen almost like a fixed widget running on desktop.

5. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

Docktop might be what you are looking for. I tried it out, but never really fiddled around with it enough because I knew I wouldn't end up buying it.

6. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I know at one point they used DockTop (linked above), but at this point it might be something custom.

I actually dug around the Activity Monitor of one of the display models once to figure it out...definitely DockTop.

7. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

8. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

You bet. Hopefully you actually take the time to get it all configured, instead of just letting it sit and rot in your application folder like I did.