What application should I use to open a .wps file?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Scylax, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Scylax macrumors regular

I have been sent an important file with the above suffix, and I don't know how to open it. I specified Microsoft Word when asked as that seemed the most logical contender, but I can't open it in any of the formats that offers. At least, I can open the file, but it comes out as a garbled mass of symbols. Please could someone tell me how to change the default for opening it and what to change it to? I am in urgent need of help! Thanks!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Microsoft Works for a Mac or MS Word 2007 in Windows.
    If it's so important I'd like to know what tool is using word perfect still. :p

3. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

My office, the biggest law firm in our (small) city, runs on word perfect. So annoying!

4. Scylax thread starter macrumors regular

Does something have to be generally important to be important to me? :) It's from the breeder of the puppy I'm about to adopt. She's really busy with them but has emailed me with important information about them, and I can't open it. I didn't want to take up her time asking her to change the format if I could find a way to open it. I can't seem to open it in Word at all, and Star Office won't do it either.:confused:

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Can you wait til tomorrow morning? Like I said above, my office uses word perfect exclusively, but we have word on our computers in the cases that people send us stuff in word. So I'm thinking I can convert it to word for you. OR I can just open it in word perfect, copy and paste it into word, and email it to you that way. If you want to do that, pm me your email address. You might have to email me in the morning to remind me though.