What applications should I avoid installing onto an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsnevo, Feb 8, 2009.

1. itsnevo macrumors member

I currently have an 8gig iPod Touch and this next friday I'm planning on upgrading to a new 16gig iPhone. I am familiar with many of the applications offered by iTunes, but because I have the 1st generation iPod Touch right now, I haven't really installed too many of the applications that require a speaker, microphone or GPS just because I only sometimes have access to a Wifi connection and I hate having to carry around headphones everywhere I go.

I've had some applications that I've tried to use on my iPod Touch that have made my iPod freeze up and I would have to wait several minutes before I can restart my iPod, and I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem and with what applications. Are there applications that you have tried that caused any problems with your iPhone or just didn't seem to work out at all that you would just suggest avoiding all together?

2. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Theres nothing you should avoid...

Ad theres like 2 million apps in the app store, you want us to tell you everyone of them that will freeze up.

3. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

Never had an issue with anything besides apps just crashing to the desktop or home screen rather.

4. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

not everyone but some of them would be nice. just tell them which ones youve had that freeze up. or you could download every app and test it:mad:

5. itsnevo thread starter macrumors member

Mostly I'm just curious which payed applications that you might have purchased that ended up really being nothing but problems and you ended up just deleting the application and wasting your money, especially if it was a more expensive application.

As an example, I've heard people talking about a couple payed calender applications that really don't seem to sync all your information to your iPhone properly.

6. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

Well, the Grenade Application is destroying peoples speaker.

7. itsnevo thread starter macrumors member

I know these applications are constantly being updated to eliminate some of the bugs but applications like the grenade application would definitely suck if it destroyed the speaker.

8. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

Facebook. No real problems except that it makes drunk posting way too easy.

9. itsnevo thread starter macrumors member

10. Acronym macrumors 68000

11. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

Read the reviews on any apps your are interested in. They will tell you the real deal.

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

If you want to read a bunch of kids bashing on it because it was too expensive or crashed once, that is.

The reviews, more often than not, aren't even close to an accurate representation of the quality of the app. Research online first if you're getting the buyer's jitters.

13. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

www.youtube.com/theappstorereviewer has good reviewsa

14. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

How does exaggerating help?
    P.S. We're only at about 15,000 apps and counting...

15. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

Fieldrunners crashed on me all day yesterday. But I could go back into it, hit "Resume" and go right back into the game.

16. itsnevo thread starter macrumors member

Well, I guess I'll just download the application I want and hope for the best.

Thank you everyone for your input!

17. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

I find it pretty easy to pick out the bashing kids from the helpful reviews.