What apps are worth the money?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xgamer1224, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Xgamer1224 macrumors regular

i was thinking of buying enigmo, crash bandicoot racing, and band. but these included, which apps are really worth their price and are considered a good buy?

2. mattmccarty macrumors member

mattmccarty

Crash is the only program I have spent money on and yes it is worth it.

The frame rate is bad in some spots but an update should fix it.

I hear Enigmo is worth the price. IGN rated Super Monkey Ball and said it was horrible so I dont know about that.

But a good app, that is free by the way, is Aurora Feint. Its an amazing RPG puzzle game.

Oh Pandora and AOL Radio are also nice.

Hope I helped ya!

-matt

3. mikeleeuk macrumors member

Crash Nitro Kart is amazing, it's almost back to the glory days of Crash Team Racing on PSX. I'd definitely recommend it, hours of fun and the difficulty increases enough for it to last a while.

There's a time trial and story mode as well as the "Cups", too. Plenty to do. :)

4. jeff127 macrumors member

I have Enigmo and really enjoy it, I'm only a quarter of the way through but its already getting challenging which I would prefer to it all being too easy. :)

I also bought Crash (by mistake may I add! Apps dont get added to cart they just d/l directly!?) and havnt played it too much. I found the steering a bit hard at high speed but Im sure its great once you nail that.

I would also like to know if people think Band is worth it.

Jeff.

5. Xgamer1224 thread starter macrumors regular

i got super monkey ball and it is hard. still fun, but hard

6. EdwardsNH macrumors member

what?! I'm having a blast with supermonkeyball. My whole family loves it (unfortunately).

Also "repeat" is an amazing memory game if you like those sort of games. The variables it adds are surprising. Nothing fancy, just repeating sequences, but the best in class IMHO.

Also check out all the free jirbo games. The breakout one looks fantastic.

7. Randall Morgan macrumors newbie

As far as games:

Super Monkey Ball (hard but fun!)
    Cro-Mag Rally = really fun!

Other paid apps:

MLB At Bat = but I'm a huge baseball fan. Go BRAVES

8. 3301991 macrumors newbie

I don't think Monkey Ball is bad. THere are a TON of levels, and...idk. I thought it was worth the money. The one thing I wish, on all the apps that use the accelerometer, is that you could set the "tilt position". Like...calibrating. Um..there's at least one already that you can...it's called cube runner.

Ya know, like, you pretty much have to be sitting up and looking straight down at the iPod (perpendicular). I think you should be able to change that. So you can play while ur layin down. I don't know, i'm just sayin. Maybe an update or something.

9. macfan881 macrumors 68020

i dont trust ign when it comes to game reviews or any ones i go by myself and other users really i deffinlty dont trust ign after giving GTA IV a 10 as ive stated before i dont know how they mannaged to avoid pointing out the Gamesave bug that plagued the game and honestly took the fun out of playing the normal game. but i do think monkeeball is worth the 9.99 its fun addicting and i do say mlb at bat is good i hope next year we can get audio streaming of games that be great so far those are the only two apps i had bought

10. Xgamer1224 thread starter macrumors regular

i know i hate that i have to look straight down at it

11. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

i realy like super monkey ball. its realy fun:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

12. nintendofreak93 macrumors regular

No. I give monkey ball 3/5. The graphics are amazing. The sound is great. The concept is great. The control is HORRIBLE!!! 1/5 for control. This game frustrates me. I have had 1 hour play time and still cant get past world 1.7

13. 11800506 macrumors 65816

That world is hard but I find that the key is going slowly. Only a small movement is needed to move in the game and I found that after awhile, I got used to the controls and it became much easier.

Another game that I found to be worth the money is the Texas Hold 'Em by Apple. The graphics of that game are really great and very realistic especially for an iPhone. Plus the wifi feature sounds interesting except I haven't tried it.

14. nintendofreak93 macrumors regular

I go slowly, its when there are no ledges where it gets very tricky. one slight movement and ure done for.

15. Link2999 macrumors 6502

I bought, so far, Super Monkey Ball, Sketches, Scrabble, and 4 in a Row. All great so far. Worth Every cent. SMB and Scrabble are the most addicting I find.