What apps do you use on your watch most?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by alwaysbeincontact, May 10, 2016.

1. alwaysbeincontact macrumors regular

alwaysbeincontact

Hi All,

What are some apps you use daily on your Apple Watch that you recommend?

Anthony

2. iMacRW macrumors member

iMacRW

Probably in order of usefulness:
    -Clock (it is a watch!)
    -Messages/Alerts (to check who's texting or calling without pulling phone out)
    -Wallet (mainly for boarding passes)
    -Starbucks (for mobile pay)
    -One password (quick jump to common used passwords)

I would probably use news apps and instagram more if they weren't so slow... hopefully the push for native apps will fix this.

3. xtshabi macrumors member

Workout
    Stopwatch
    Countdown timer
    Wechat notifications
    Activity

That's about it I think.

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I'm guessing you're mostly asking about 3rd party apps. The only one that I've found useful on a daily basis is HeartWatch. If you're at all interested in tracking your heart rate this is certainly a huge winner. It tracks resting HR, workout HR, waking HR, and sleeping HR. It works pretty well as a sleep tracker too.

WUnderground is also the weather app that I use. I find it to have a much better complication than the default. I've heard good things about Carrot, but WUnderground is free!

Those are the most frequent ones I use. The watch isn't really the greatest platform for apps.

5. sean000 macrumors 65816

sean000

There are lots of posts like this in the watch apps forum. I use the following third party apps a lot
    • Fantastical 2
    • Carrot Weather
    • Due Reminders
    • Huemote (Philips Hue lights)
    • Bring (groceries)
    • TickTick (tasks)
    • Slack (communications)
    • Yelp

6. dwfaust, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016

dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Clock Face with time, weather and calendar event complications)
    Fantastical 2
    BeWeather 2
    ESPN (scores)
    Activity
    Countdown Timer
    Siri

7. Mac2me, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

For 3rd party, PCalc Lite (EXCELLENT btw, added one .99 package otherwise free), Bring! (Like it for shopping so I don't have to walk around with my phone out while going down the shopping list--once left my phone in the cart and left the store...yikes that was scary; so glad someone was honest and turned it in!), and occasionally TuneIn Radio to control the station choice and play of my frequent radio stations while my iPhone is out on the countertop or desk for example and I'm doing things around the house. These are the only 3rd party apps I'm using on the watch now. I know PCalc is native, think Bring! is too. Off hand unsure of the other.

As for Apple apps I use the most: Heartbeat, battery, calendar, activity, weather are in my Glances. As for accessing as stored apps, I use Timer, Alarm (both are used as complications on certain watch faces too) and Messages..all the time. Same for Phone. And I do use the Friends Side Button all the time for contacting people. Love that it immediately gives me a phone or message choice for a person. And on phone choices I frequently have several listed numbers for each person and they are all just right there. Depending on the ambient noise at the time Siri may not always be the best choice for asking to make a call or to send a quick message. As long as my hand is free I find this a super fast way to access the contact. I get mail on my watch.

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Wink (turn lights on/off shortcuts), Workouts, the heartbeat monitor, sometimes the music control (like when mowing the lawn and my iPhone is in my pocket), Wallet, Apple Pay (no, not really an app), and also Siri to start navigation or playing certain songs.

9. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

1) The clock face ;)
    2) Runtastic
    3) Outlook
    4) Activity
    5) Reminders
    6) Apple Pay
    7) Notifications

10. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Roughly in order of most to least frequent:

Clock face
    Weather
    Alarm
    Dark Sky
    Timer
    Rules!
    Slack
    Workout
    Maps (mainly for navigating)
    RadarScope
    Alien Invasion
    Apple Pay
    Clear (but may switch to Bring)

And some others. Funny, I didn't notice how many apps I regularly use until I listed them here. My regular watches' usage lists stop at "Clock face".

11. ssledoux macrumors 6502a

ssledoux

What is Bring?

Also will my reminders sync up with the ones I set on my phone?

12. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

1. Clock Face
    2. Dark Sky
    3. Activity
    4. American Airlines
    5. Open Table

13. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Stock price. If that's considered an app.

I wish I could have complications with more than one stock price on my watch face.

14. Easttime macrumors 6502

One I don't see mentioned is Reminders Nano. Got me back to using Reminders on my Mac and iDevices. Great to have lists on my wrist and integration on my other devices, including Fantastical.

15. TVDinner macrumors member

TVDinner

Watch first
    Notifications almost first. I am in many situations like meetings or other things where pulling out my phone is inappropriate. the AW allows me to see incoming messages and emails discretely and that is positive.
    Boarding passes for plane trips. One of my favorite features is using my AW to check in when boarding a plane (I travel a lot for work)